I applied Off campus through Microsoft referral program. Initially the shortlisting was done on the basis of CV.
First round was Online coding round on co-cubes platform. There were 3 Questions to be done in 75 minutes. The questions were:
- Given an array of integers of size n. Assume zero as invalid number and all other as valid number. Convert the array in such a way that if next valid number is same as current number, double its value and replace the next number with 0. After the modification, rearrange the array such that all 0’s are shifted to the end. [2 marks]
Eg: [2, 2, 0, 4, 0, 8]
=> [4, 4, 8, 0, 0, 0]
- Given an array arr, find the maximum j – i such that arr[ j ] > arr[ i ] [3 marks]
- Write a function that accepts root of binary tree as its argument and return the sum of all leaf nodes that are at minimum level (i.e closest to leaf node). [5 marks]
Students shortlisted were called Hyderabad for interviews.
Round 2: (Group Fly round)
- Given a sequence of words and a limit n (max number of characters on a single line), You need to put the break or end that line such that limit n is not exceeded and also the complete word comes in single line i.e a word does not split into two lines.
Its flagship hardware product are the Xbox video game etc. n=16
Its flagship hardware product are the Xbox video game etc.
15 Out of 44 were shortlisted for the next rounds.
Round 3: (Technical F2F)
- The interviewer asked me to introduce myself and my areas of interest in Technologies. I said Machine Learning, then we had a discussion on Machine Learning algorithms.
- Merge Sort for linked list and array.
- Reverse a linked list. Both iterative and recursive approach. Comparison between them.
- Questions regarding my internship experience.
- Aptitude Question: You are blindfolded and 10 coins are place in front of you on table. You are allowed to touch the coins, but can’t tell which way up they are by feel. You are told that there are 5 coins head up, and 5 coins tails up but not which ones are which. How do you make two piles of coins each with the same number of heads up? You can flip the coins any number of times.
- Discussion on my Minor Project.
9 Out of 15 were shortlisted for the next rounds.
Round 4: (Technical F2F)
- Stock Buy Sell to Maximize Profit.
- Sum of given range using segment tree.
- How to perform the testing of code. Write all the test cases including the boundary ones for the above two codes.
- OOPS concept:
ii)Overriding and Overloading example
iii)Real life implementation of abstraction and inheritance.
- Aptitude Question: 100 people in room with a bulb on the ceiling. A person can see the rest 99 people but not himself. Some people have stickers on their face. Person himself can check the rest 99 people but does not know if he has sticker on his face. Light bulb turns on and off after fixed interval of time. If a person gets to know that he has sticker on his face, he has to move out of the room. At some point of time person comes to know if he has sticker on his face or not. How?
Finally, he was satisfied with my answers and asked me if I had any questions. I asked him some questions about role and the work Microsoft offers.
7 Out of 9 were shortlisted for the next rounds.
Round 5: (Technical + HR)
- Discussion on Minor Project and work done at JP Morgan during my internship.
- Tower Of Hanoi Problem.
- System Diagram of my minor Project and its use cases.
- Why Microsoft? Why should we hire you?
- One Change Microsoft can do on one of its products.
- Why did you opt for Computer Science? Other Basic HR questions. Finally the interview was over. All the candidates were selected and were offered Full Time offer.
Suggestion: Don’t be tensed if you didn’t get an answer. Keep thinking and asking questions and try to interact with your interviewer. Don’t walk off immediately, ask some questions in return. They will give you hints if you are struck.
- Microsoft IDC Interview Experience | Set 156 (Off-Campus for Full Time)
- Microsoft IDC Interview Experience (For Full Time)
- Amazon Interview Experience | SDE-1 offcampus
- Amazon Interview Experience Offcampus for SDE-1
- Mahindra Comviva Interview Experience 2020 (Product/Software Development OffCampus)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 150 (SDE1 for 1 Year Experienced)
- Microsoft Interview experience for full time position of software engineer at Microsoft Ireland Research
- Microsoft IDC Interview Experience | Set 38 (For Internship)
- Microsoft IDC Interview Experience | Set 37B
- Microsoft IDC Interview Experience| Set 44
- Microsoft IDC interview Experience | Set 47 (For 1.7 Years Experienced)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 62 (On-Campus for IDC)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 61 (On-Campus for IDC)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 65 (On-Campus for Internship IT and IDC)
- Microsoft IDC Interview Experience | Set 66 (On-Campus for Internship)
- Microsoft IDC Interview Experience | Set 67 (On-Campus for Internship)
- Microsoft IDC Interview Experience | Set 68 (For SDE)
- Microsoft IDC Interview Experience | Set 69 (For SDE)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 70 (On-Campus for IDC and IT)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 77 (For IDC Internship)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.