MATLAB also called Matrix Laboratory is a numerical computing environment and a platform for programming language. it was designed and developed by MathWorks. MATLAB is a framework that allows you to perform matrix manipulations, implementing algorithms, plotting functions and data, creating user-interfaces and interfacing with programs that are written in different programming languages i.e. C, C++, Python, Java etc..
OTSU Thresholding : OTSU thresholding is a segmentation algorithm through which we can segment an image into two or more than two regions. This algorithm checks on every single threshold if it can separate the two kinds of pixels optimally.
By OTSU thresholding we separate the foreground and background pixels.
- Read the image using imread() function and convert it to gray image using rgb2gray() function.
- Graythresh the image using greythresh() function.
- Detect the foreground and background pixels of the image.
- Pick the background pixels and color them blue.
Below is the implementation of above approach –
- Python | Thresholding techniques using OpenCV | Set-3 (Otsu Thresholding)
- Display the red, green and blue color planes of a color image in MATLAB
- MATLAB | Converting a Grayscale Image to Binary Image using Thresholding
- Python | Thresholding techniques using OpenCV | Set-1 (Simple Thresholding)
- Python | Thresholding techniques using OpenCV | Set-2 (Adaptive Thresholding)
- OpenCV: Segmentation using Thresholding
- Image Processing In Java | Set 2 (Get and set Pixels)
- Matlab | Erosion of an Image
- Matlab | Dilation of an Image
- Image Complement in Matlab
- Image Resizing in Matlab
- Reverse Video in Matlab
- MATLAB | RGB image representation
- Draw Switzerland Flag Using Matlab
- Plot a line along 2 points in MATLAB
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.