Given are two chords which are equally inclined through the diameter of the circle. Length of one chord is given. The task is to find the length of another chord.
Input: z = 48 Output: 48 degrees Input: z = 93 Output: 93 degrees
- Let AB and AC be the two chords of the circle having the center at O.
- now, in the figure we see,
OL is perpendicular to AB and OM is perpendicular to AC
- in triangle OLA and triangle OMA,
angle OLA = angle OMA = 90 degrees
angle OAL = angle OAM(as the chords are inclined equally through the diameter)
OA = OA(common side)
- so triangle OLA and triangle OMA are congruent to each other.
- So, OL = OM
- and we know, equal chords are equidistant from the center, so Length of AB and AC will be same.
If two chords are equally inclined through the diameter of the same circle, then they are of equal length.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
# Python3 program to find
# the length of the chord of the circle
# if length of the other chord
# which is equally inclined
# through the diameter is given
print(“The length is “, end = “”);
# Driver code
z = 48;
# This code is contributed
# by Princi Singh
The length is 48
- Length of the chord of the circle whose radius and the angle subtended at the center by the chord is given
- Find the Diameter or Longest chord of a Circle
- Angle subtended by the chord to center of the circle when the angle subtended by the another equal chord of a congruent circle is given
- Distance of chord from center when distance between center and another equal length chord is given
- Distance between centers of two intersecting circles if the radii and common chord length is given
- Angle subtended by the chord when the angle subtended by another chord of same length is given
- Shortest distance from the centre of a circle to a chord
- Count ways to divide circle using N non-intersecting chord | Set-2
- Program to calculate angle on circumference subtended by the chord when the central angle subtended by the chord is given
- Program to find Length of Bridge using Speed and Length of Train
- Angle between a chord and a tangent when angle in the alternate segment is given
- Find the other-end coordinates of diameter in a circle
- Find the center of the circle using endpoints of diameter
- Sum of XOR of all sub-arrays of length K
- Arc length from given Angle
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.