IoT- Recreating Healthcare
With the rapid increase in demand for health care IoT specific products opens up immense opportunities. Data collected by these devices have the potential to transform healthcare. IoT has a four-step architecture which we call it as a basic stage in the process. All four stages are connected in such a manner that data is gathered or processed in one stage and its value is produced in the next stage. Mixed values in the process bring us instincts that deliver dynamic prospects.
The four stages of IoT solution are as follows:
- Data Acquisition: At this stage the interconnected devices like sensors, actuators, monitors, etc are deployed and after getting deployed they collect data.
- Data Processing:Data collected from these interconnected devices is in analog form, which needs to aggregate and converted into digital form for further data processing.
- Data Storage: Once the data is digitized and aggregated, it is pre processed and standardized and moved to data center or cloud.
- Data Analytics: Final data obtained is analyzed and managed at required level. Advanced Analytics, applied to this data would provide us with actionable instincts for effective decision making.
IoT is recreating healthcare by providing better care, improvement in treatment outcomes and reducing costs for patients. The major advantages of IoT in health care are as follows:
- Reduction in Cost: IoT enables monitoring of patients health in real time, thus reducing patients need to visit doctors, hospital stays and re-admission.
- Improved Treatment: It enables doctors to make effective decisions regarding patients health through collection and analysis of data through IoT devices.
- Faster Diagnosis of Disease: Continuous monitoring of patients and real-time data helps in early diagnosis of disease before the disease develops based on symptoms.
- Proactive Treatment: Continuous health monitoring keeps the door for proactive medical treatment open.
- Reduction in error: Data generated through IoT devices not only help in effective decision making but also ensures that health care operations are performed with the reduction in error, waste and system costs.
Conclusion: IoT has explored a new dimension of health care through real-time health monitoring and access to patient’s health monitoring and access to patients health data. The data is a boon for healthcare stakeholders to improve patient’s health and experiences while making revenue opportunities and improving healthcare operations.
Whether you're preparing for your first job interview or aiming to upskill in this ever-evolving tech landscape, GeeksforGeeks Courses
are your key to success. We provide top-quality content at affordable prices, all geared towards accelerating your growth in a time-bound manner. Join the millions we've already empowered, and we're here to do the same for you. Don't miss out - check it out now!