The title attribute is used to specify extra information about the element. When the mouse moves over the element then it shows the information.
<element title = "text">
Attribute Value: This attribute contains single value text which is used as the tooltip text for an element. This title is associated with all HTML elements.
Before hovering the mouse:
After hovering the mouse:
Supported Browsers: The browser supported by title attribute are listed below:
- Internet Explorer
- HTML | <abbr> title attribute
- How to Change the Style of <a> Tag Title Attribute ?
- HTML | DOM title Property
- HTML | title Tag
- How to add icon logo in title bar using HTML ?
- HTML | DOM Title Object
- HTML | DOM Title text Property
- How to get the title of an HTML page ?
- How to get title of current HTML page using jQuery ?
- Node.js | process.title Property
- How to get title of a webpage using Selenium in Python?
- How to define a title for a document using HTML5 ?
- How to set or update page title using UI-Router?
- How to align images in card with dynamic title?
- CSS Image overlay hover title
- HTML | <html> xmlns Attribute
- HTML | scoped Attribute
- HTML | <th> valign Attribute
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.