Following are the step wise instructions to access windows drives in Ubuntu (Any Version),
1. Open terminal and type sudo ntfsfix error mounting location as shown in above picture and press enter button.
2. It will ask for system password, enter password and again press enter.
3. It will take some seconds to process command and at the end shows the message like “NTFS partition was processed successfully.”
4. Again click on windows drive, now you are allow to access clicked drive.
Type sudo ntfsfix /dev/sda3 and press enter as shown in below picture then it will ask for system password, enter password and again press enter.
It will take some seconds to process command and at the end shows the message like “NTFS partition was processed successfully”, as shown in below picture.
- mount command in Linux with Examples
- Interesting Facts about Ubuntu
- How to setup cron jobs in Ubuntu
- Creating and Configuring Wi-Fi Hotspot in Ubuntu
- How to change login screen background in Ubuntu
- How to make sure that Apache service keeps running in Ubuntu
- Zip files in Windows
- Useful CMD commands for daily use in Windows OS
- IDE for Python programming on Windows
- How To Use Bash Shell Natively On Windows 10
- Uninstall Linux completely from a PC with Windows
- Setup GitLab Repository On Windows 10
- Autorun a Python script on windows startup
- Creating a Dual Boot System with Linux and Windows
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Stuck at "Updating Your System”
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.