We all have encountered the problem of computer slow down, due to many reasons, and sometimes it becomes so frustrating. So, what to do in this scenario. In this article, we will be talking about how to get the best out of your existing PC without spending even a single penny. While there are many options for increasing the speed like increasing the amount of RAM and getting a better CPU, but all of these solutions require money and we don’t want that.
The very first thing to do is to disable the animations. As these are there for just an appealing look to the eyes and eat a significant amount of RAM which can be utilized to boost the performance of the PC rather than just having an appealing look. Secondly, there are many other elements to this which can be disabled very easily, Disabling those elements will free up the ram, therefore giving a boost to the performance.
Step 1: Right-click on “This PC” icon and go to properties. After clicking you will get a box as given below in the image.
Step 2: Click on Advanced system settings.
Step 3: In the setting box click on “Advanced”.
Step 4: Under the performance box click on settings and in Visual effects box select “Custom” and uncheck all the options except “Smooth edges of screen fonts”.
Now the PC will be running at its best. If you are an advanced user you can also play with other options available in the box, but if you want a performance boost, we will recommend doing up to step 4 only.
- Useful CMD commands for daily use in Windows OS
- Uninstall Linux completely from a PC with Windows
- Zip files in Windows
- IDE for Python programming on Windows
- How to mount windows drives in Ubuntu
- Setup GitLab Repository On Windows 10
- How To Use Bash Shell Natively On Windows 10
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Stuck at "Updating Your System”
- Creating a Dual Boot System with Linux and Windows
- Autorun a Python script on windows startup
- How to create a Folder without any name and icon in Windows OS?
- How to use Emojis in Windows 10?
- How to Create and Configure Wi-Fi Hotspot in Windows 10?
- Windows Shortcut Keys
- How to Change Colours in Command Prompt in Windows?
- How to Create an Infinite Loop in Windows Batch File?
- How to Create Partitions of a Hard Drive in Windows 10?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.