Consider a Binary Heap of size N. We need to find height of it.
Input : N = 6 Output : 2 () / \ () () / \ / () () () Input : N = 9 Output : () / \ () () / \ / \ () () () () / \ () ()
Let the size of heap be N and height be h
If we take few examples, we can notice that the value of h in a complete binary tree is ceil(log2(N+1)) – 1.
N h --------- 1 0 2 1 3 1 4 2 5 2 ..... .....
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Relationship between number of nodes and height of binary tree
- Print the nodes of the Binary Tree whose height is a Prime number
- Sum of the mirror image nodes of a complete binary tree in an inorder way
- Generate Complete Binary Tree in such a way that sum of non-leaf nodes is minimum
- Print path from root to all nodes in a Complete Binary Tree
- Find height of a special binary tree whose leaf nodes are connected
- Print all the leaf nodes of Binary Heap
- Given level order traversal of a Binary Tree, check if the Tree is a Min-Heap
- Tournament Tree (Winner Tree) and Binary Heap
- Traversal of tree with k jumps allowed between nodes of same height
- Check if a given Binary Tree is height balanced like a Red-Black Tree
- Check whether a binary tree is a complete tree or not | Set 2 (Recursive Solution)
- Check if a given Binary Tree is Heap
- Height of binary tree considering even level leaves only
- How to determine if a binary tree is height-balanced?
- Overview of Data Structures | Set 2 (Binary Tree, BST, Heap and Hash)
- Sideways traversal of a Complete Binary Tree
- Linked complete binary tree & its creation
- Iterative Method to find Height of Binary Tree
- Find the largest Complete Subtree in a given Binary Tree
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.