Input : level = [10, 15, 14, 25, 30] Output : True The tree of the given level order traversal is 10 / \ 15 14 / \ 25 30 We see that each parent has a value less than its child, and hence satisfies the min-heap property Input : level = [30, 56, 22, 49, 30, 51, 2, 67] Output : False The tree of the given level order traversal is 30 / \ 56 22 / \ / \ 49 30 51 2 / 67 We observe that at level 0, 30 > 22, and hence min-heap property is not satisfied
We need to check whether each non-leaf node (parent) satisfies the heap property. For this, we check whether each parent (at index i) is smaller than its children (at indices 2*i+1 and 2*i+2, if the parent has two children). If only one child, we only check the parent against index 2*i+1.
These algorithms run with worse case O(n) complexity
This article is contributed by Deepak Srivatsav. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Check if the given array can represent Level Order Traversal of Binary Search Tree
- Print a Binary Tree in Vertical Order | Set 3 (Using Level Order Traversal)
- Perfect Binary Tree Specific Level Order Traversal
- Perfect Binary Tree Specific Level Order Traversal | Set 2
- Level Order Tree Traversal
- Zig Zag Level order traversal of a tree using single queue
- General Tree (Each node can have arbitrary number of children) Level Order Traversal
- Insertion in a Binary Tree in level order
- Level Order Successor of a node in Binary Tree
- Level Order Predecessor of a node in Binary Tree
- Print extreme nodes of each level of Binary Tree in alternate order
- Construct a complete binary tree from given array in level order fashion
- Check if a binary tree is sorted level-wise or not
- Check if a given array can represent Preorder Traversal of Binary Search Tree
- Construct Full Binary Tree using its Preorder traversal and Preorder traversal of its mirror tree