DP World Interview Experience for SDE-1
I had around 2 years of experience in SRI Delhi. I applied through a referral from a friend.
Round 1: Online Assessment
- This was a 2-hour Hackerrank test and there were 2 questions based on SQL queries, 2 coding questions, and some MCQs.
Round 2: Interview Round 1
- This was a pure DS algorithm round.
- In both questions, the interviewer asked for the most efficient solution and grilled a lot on the approach. Also, side by side while writing the code I also had to answer some behavioral questions.
- I explained and wrote code for both questions correctly and the interviewer was impressed.
Round 3: Interview Round 2
- The second round was conducted 3 days after the first. It was also a DS Algo round.
- In this also interviewer expected an efficient solution.
Round 4: Interview Round 3
- This round was the Hiring Manager round. First, he introduced himself and then asked some normal behavioral questions. Then he asked a coding question.
- Given a row-wise and column-wise sorted matrix, search an element and then delete that element while maintaining the property of that matrix.
- The interviewer was very helpful and he gave me some hints, then it clicked me and I wrote the code. There were some compilation errors in the code and the time was less so he asked me to mail the code. Thankfully I resolved the issues and mailed him. The interview didn’t go as great as I would have liked but they gave me another chance and took another round.
Round 5: Interview Round 4
- I wrote the code for this successfully and the interviewer was happy.
- Then he gave a question to find pairs of elements in an array such that i < j but arr[i] > arr[j]
- He gave me a hint to use the divide and conquer approach and I solved the questions with the help of merge sort.
- Then he asked some questions on multithreading and the difference between threads and process, parallelism, and concurrency. I answered these questions.
After 2-3 hours I got the mail that I was selected.
The great thing about DP World was that the whole process was completed in 10-12 days and I didn’t have to wait for any feedback. I got the feedback immediately after each round in some time.