Ubuntu is a Linux based Operating System and belongs to the Debian family of Linux. As it is Linux based, so it is freely available for use and is open source. It was developed by a team “Canonical” lead by Mark Shuttleworth. The term “ubuntu” is derived from an African word meaning ‘humanity to others’. The Chinese version of Ubuntu is used for running the world’s fastest supercomputer. Google’s self-driving car uses the stripped version of ubuntu.
Fedora OS, developed by Red Hat, is a Linux based open-source operating system. As it is Linux based, so it is freely available for use and is open source. It uses the DNF package manager and gnome environment along with anaconda installer. It supports 3 platforms, which are Workstation Fedora designed for Personal Computers, Fedora Server designed for servers, and Fedora Atomic designed for cloud computing.
Difference between Ubuntu and Fedora Linux
|1.||Ubuntu is a Debian Based OS.||Fedora is a community based project by Redhat.|
|2.||Ubuntu was initially released in October 2004.||Fedora was initially released in November 2003.|
|3.||Ubuntu allows one-click installation for nvidia graphics driver.||It is a bit complicated and hard to install nvidia graphics driver in fedora.|
|4.||Ubuntu uses Ubiquity installer for installing Ubuntu.||Fedora uses anaconda installer for installing Fedora.|
|6.||Ubuntu uses apt package manager.||Fedora uses dnf package manager.|
|7.||Ubuntu has 2 forums for duscussion ubuntuforums.org and askubuntu.com||Fedora has only 1 forum for discussions which is ask.fedoraproject.org|
- Difference Between Fedora and Kali Linux
- Difference Between Ubuntu and Kali Linux
- Difference Between Ubuntu and Red Hat Linux
- Difference Between Ubuntu and Parrot OS Linux
- Creating and Configuring Wi-Fi Hotspot in Ubuntu
- Configuring and Accessing Google Drive Account in Ubuntu
- Installing and Configure vim Plugin in Ubuntu
- How to Install and Configure Docker in Ubuntu?
- How to Install and Configure Fish Shell in Ubuntu?
- How to Install and Configure Synaptic Package Manager in Ubuntu?
- How to Install and Configure Elasticsearch on Ubuntu ?
- How to Install and Configure MongoDB in Ubuntu?
- Get to know Ubuntu 18.04 LTS | Welcome Bionic Beaver!!
- Interesting Facts about Ubuntu
- How to setup cron jobs in Ubuntu
- Creating custom domain name instead of localhost in Ubuntu
- How to change login screen background in Ubuntu
- How to speed up the downloading of packages using apt-fast in Ubuntu?
- How to Install Chrome in Ubuntu?
- Configuring Face Unlock in Ubuntu | Howdy
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.