1. Traditional Computer System :
Traditional Computer System takes the input from the user and computes the output as the function of the input. It basically computes function on the input.
Output data = f(input data)
If x is input and f is some function, y(output) = f(x)
2. Reactive Computer System :
Reactive Computer System takes the input from the user but does not produce the output as a function of input but it interacts with the environment. In this interaction, the results computed are used to perform some action on environment.
Difference between Traditional and Reactive System :
|TRADITIONAL SYSTEM||REACTIVE SYSTEM|
|Traditional system produces output as a function of input.||Reactive system does not produce output as a function of input.|
|It does not interact with environment.||It interacts with environment.|
|Computation in traditional system is terminating.||Computation is reactive system is non-terminating.|
|Only one input is taken at a time.||It may take several inputs at a time.|
|Results are not used to perform action on the environment.||Results are used to perform action on the environment.|
|It takes input as data.||It takes input as event.|
|Its structure is simple.||Its structure is complicated.|
|The example of traditional system is simple calculator software.||the example of reactive system is real-time systems.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between EIS and Traditional Information System
- Difference between Traditional and Agile Software Development
- Difference Between Traditional Marketing and Digital Marketing
- Difference between Traditional Processing and Stream Processing
- Difference between Cloud Storage and Traditional Storage
- Difference between Next Generation Network and Traditional Network
- Difference between Traditional Firewall and Next Generation Firewall
- Difference between Traditional WAN and SD WAN
- Difference between Software Defined Network and Traditional Network
- Difference between Traditional data and Big data
- Difference between Traditional Commerce and E-commerce
- Difference between Traditional Marketing Concept and Modern Marketing Concept
- Difference between Traditional Data Center and Software Defined Data Center
- Difference between Computer Science Engineering and Computer Engineering
- Difference between Analog Computer and Digital Computer
- Difference between Computer Hardware Engineer and Computer Software Engineer
- Difference between Computer and Embedded System
- Difference between Management Information System (MIS) and Computer Science (CS)
- Difference between Management Information System (MIS) and Decision Support System (DSS)
- Difference between Open-Loop Control System and Closed-Loop Control System
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.