Traditional Processing is a kind of offline processing that involves simple computations on data when it is being processed. It mainly stores raw data that is not so much aggregated and structured. It has various operations like pre-processing and extraction of data which is performed on the raw data. The data goes through a chain of algorithms in order to be processed.
Stream Processing is a kind of real-time processing where certain operations are performed on the data at the time it is being created. The operations can be performed in a serial or parallel manner. It also allows the users to query the continuous data stream and to determine the conditions in a small amount of time when data is received. Stream processing also performs data analytics, data transformation, and data aggregation by various methods. It stores data in a more aggregated and structured way.
Difference between Traditional processing and Stream Processing
|S.NO.||Traditional Processing||Stream Processing|
|1.||It involves simple computations on data when data is being processed.||It involves complex operations on multiple input stream when data is being processed.|
|2.||In Traditional processing, the processing time is unlimited and cannot be predicted.||In Stream processing, the processing time is limited.|
|3.||It stores data in raw form.||It stores data in a more summarized form.|
|4.||It gives accurate results.||It gives more approximate results.|
|5.||In Traditional processing, memory usage is not limited.||In Stream processing, the memory usage is limited.|
|6.||It is a form of offline processing.||It is a form of real-time processing.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Batch Processing and Real Time Processing System
- Difference between Traditional and Reactive Computer System
- Difference between Traditional and Agile Software Development
- Difference Between Traditional Marketing and Digital Marketing
- Difference between Cloud Storage and Traditional Storage
- Difference between Next Generation Network and Traditional Network
- Difference between Traditional Firewall and Next Generation Firewall
- Difference between Traditional WAN and SD WAN
- Difference between Software Defined Network and Traditional Network
- Difference between EIS and Traditional Information System
- Difference between Traditional data and Big data
- foreach() loop vs Stream foreach() vs Parallel Stream foreach()
- Difference between Opening and Closing in Digital Image Processing
- Difference between Digital Light Processing (DLP) and Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) Projector
- Difference between Image Processing and Computer Vision
- Difference between Data Warehousing and Online transaction processing (OLTP)
- Difference between Text Mining and Natural Language Processing
- Difference between Block Cipher and Stream Cipher
- Difference and Similarities between PHP and C
- Difference between Stop and Wait protocol and Sliding Window protocol
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.