Prerequisite – Classification of Computers
Mainframe Computers and Minicomputers are the categories of a laptop wherever mainframe computers give rather more options than minicomputer and high capability for memory and process speed.
At the beginning, Mainframe Computers were made to produce responsibleness for dealing process and are primarily used as servers.
Whereas, Minicomputers are mid-size, tiny computers which individuals will use either individually or as a high-end device likewise.
Let’s see the difference between Mainframe Computer and Minicomputer:
|1.||In mainframe computer, large size of disk is used.||While in minicomputer, small size of disk is used.|
|2.||Mainframe computers have large memory storage.||While minicomputers have small or less memory storage than mainframe computer.|
|3.||The processing speed of mainframe computer is faster than minicomputer.||While the processing speed of minicomputer is slower than mainframe computer.|
|4.||Mainframe computer is costlier than minicomputers.||Whereas minicomputers’s cost is less or it is inexpensive.|
|5.||The first microcomputer was invented by the team leader Bill Pentz .||The first successful mainframe computer is invented by IBM.|
|6.||Mainframe computers support thousand or millions of users simultaneously.||Whereas minicomputers support hundreds of users at a time.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Minicomputer and Supercomputer
- Difference between Supercomputer and Mainframe Computer
- Difference Between SEO and SEM
- Difference between ANN, CNN and RNN
- Difference between DFD and ERD
- Difference between DDR 5 and DDR 3
- Difference between AIX and IBM i
- Difference between AIX and HP-UX
- Difference between CD and DVD
- Difference between OOP and POP
- Difference between AIX and QNX
- Difference between LED and LCD
- Difference between C and C#
- Difference between HLP and PCP
- Difference between PIP and PCP
- Difference between PIP and HLP
- Difference between C and C++
- Difference between IBM DB2 and MS SQL
- Difference between 4G and 5G
- Difference between MAN and WAN
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : ashushrma378