Difference between HBase and MongoDB
1. HBase: This model is used to provide random access to a large amount of structured data. It builds on the top of the Hadoop file system and is column-oriented in nature. It is used to store the data in HDFS. It is an open-source database that provides data replication.
- High availability because of no SPoF (Single Point of Failure)
- Operational Simplicity
- Add-on applications like Apache Phoenix enables a SQL interface
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- fraud detection applications
- product catalogs and playlists
- messaging applications
- web applications
- Thomson Reuters, and more.
2. MongoDB: MongoDB is document-oriented and does not need the row and column format of data. It gives high performance and is dynamic in nature where we don’t need to predefine a schema like in conventional RDBMS. MongoDB stores data in JSON format which allows you to send the data in any form you want. It is a cross-platform database that works with almost every platform like Windows, Linux, etc.
- Consistent Interface for whole development that simplifies the development
- Multi-cloud Infrastructure
- Managed for operational simplicity
- Internet of Things and Time Series
- eCommerce and Payment Processing
- Analytic and AI
- Mainframe Offload
- Verizon Wireless
Difference between HBase and MongoDB:
||Developed by Apache Software Foundation.
||Developed by MongoDB Inc.
||Primary Database Model
||It is based on column-oriented.
||It is based on a document store.
||It is written in JAVA.
||It is written in C++.
||Linux, Unix, Windows
||Linux, OS X, Solaris, Windows
||Supported Programming Languages
||C, C#, C++, Groovy, Java, PHP, Python, Scala
||Community (Free) and Enterprise
||It has no secondary indexes.
||It has secondary indexes.
||Data are stored in form of key/value pairs.
||Data are not stored in form of key/value pair.
||HBase is used to store structured data.
||MongoDB is used to store any kind of data.
Unlock the Power of Placement Preparation!
Feeling lost in OS, DBMS, CN, SQL, and DSA chaos? Our Complete Interview Preparation
Course is the ultimate guide to conquer placements. Trusted by over 100,000+ geeks, this course is your roadmap to interview triumph.
Ready to dive in? Explore our Free Demo Content and join our Complete Interview Preparation