1. HBase :
This model is used to provide random access to large amount of structured data. It build on the top of the hadoop file system and column-oriented in nature. It used to store the data in HDFS. It is open source database that provide the data replication. Three important components of HBase are HMaster, Region server, Zookeeper.
2. PostgreSQL :
PostgreSQL is a powerful, open-source Object-relational database system. It provides good performance with low maintenance efforts because of its high stability. PostgreSQL was the first DBMS that implemented multi-version concurrency control (MVCC) feature.
Difference between PostgreSQL and HBase :
|1.||HBase is written in JAVA.||PostgreSQL is written in C languages.|
|2.||It does not supports SQL query language.||It supports SQL query language.|
|3.||It does not support XML Format.||It supports XML Format.|
|4.||It has no Secondary database models.||It has Document store as Secondary database models.|
|5.||It supports in-memory capabilities.||It does not supports in-memory capabilities.|
|6.||HBase uses a selectable replication factor.||It doesn’t use selectable replication factor.|
|7.||HBase is less complex than PostgreSQL.||It is more complex than HBase.|
|8.||HBase has triggers.||PostgreSQL doesn’t have triggers.|
|9.||HBase is based on Bigtable.||PostgreSQL is based on RDBMS.|
|10.||HBase provide more consistency.||It provide less consistency.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Hive and HBase
- Difference between HBase and MongoDB
- Difference between RDBMS and HBase
- Difference between HBase and Cassandra
- Difference between MySQL and HBase
- Difference Between Hadoop and HBase
- Difference between Impala and hBASE
- Difference between PostgreSQL and IBM DB2
- Difference between IBM DB2 and PostgreSQL
- Difference between Oracle and PostgreSQL
- Difference between MS SQL Server and PostgreSQL
- Difference between MariaDB and PostgreSQL
- Difference between Derby and PostgreSQL
- Difference between PouchDB and PostgreSQL
- Difference between MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Difference between InfluxDB and PostgreSQL
- Difference between Neo4j and PostgreSQL
- Difference between Couchbase and PostgreSQL
- Difference between CouchDB and PostgreSQL
- Difference between PostgreSQL and Teradata
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.