1. dBASE :
dBASE was one of the most successful database management systems for microcomputers. It was the first commercially successful database system for personal computers. It is used for creating and manipulating relational databases (RDBMS). DBASE uses procedural functions and commands similar to the BASIC language. It uses simple commands for data manipulation like USE, GO TOP, and more.
2. MongoDB :
Difference between dBASE and MongoDB :
|1.||It is developed by Asthon Tate in 1979.||It is developed by MongoDB Inc. in 2009.|
|2.||It is a commercial software.||It is an open source software.|
|3.||Server operating systems for Dbase are DOS, Windows.||Server operating systems for MongoDB are Solaris, Linux, OS X, Windows.|
|4.||The Primary database model is Relational DBMS.||The Primary database model is Document store.|
|5.||It does not support APIs and other access methods.||Proprietary protocol using JSON are used as APIs and other access methods.|
|7.||It does not support replication method.||The replication method that MongoDB supports is Master Slave Replication.|
|8.||It does not support ACID transaction.||
ACID properties of transaction with snapshot isolation is used.
|9.||It does not support Map Reduce method.||It support Map Reduce method.|
|10.||It does not support Partitioning methods.||It support Sharding Partitioning methods.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between MySQL and dBASE
- Difference between Impala and dBASE
- Difference between Microsoft Access and dBASE
- Difference between SQLite and dBASE
- Difference between Oracle and dBASE
- Difference between Oracle and MongoDB
- Difference between RDBMS and MongoDB
- Difference between PostgreSQL and MongoDB
- Difference between SQLite and MongoDB
- Difference Between Hadoop and MongoDB
- Difference between Cassandra and MongoDB
- Difference between MongoDB and MariaDB
- Difference between MS SQL Server and MongoDB
- Difference between Couchebase and MongoDB
- Difference between MongoDB and CouchDB
- Difference between HBase and MongoDB
- Difference between PouchDB and MongoDB
- Difference between CouchDB and MongoDB
- Difference between MongoDB and Teradata
- Difference between MongoDB and IBM Db2
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.