1. SQlite :
SQLite is a software library that provides a relational database management system (RDBMS). It was designed by D. Richard Hipp on August 2000. The design goals of SQLite were to allow the program to be operated without installing a database management system(DBMS) or requiring a database administrator. The lite in SQLite means light weight in terms of setup, database administration, and required resource.
2. dBASE :
dBase is a microcomputer database management system (DBMS) that runs on a Windows platform. It is one of the first database system that runs on microcomputer. It was developed by Asthon Tate in 1979 It is designed to manipulate relational databases. Nowdays, it dBASE PLUS 11 version is used.which as released in 2016.
Difference between SQLite and dBASE :-
|1.||Developed By D. Richard Hipp on August 2000.||Developed by Asthon Tate in 1979|
|2.||MYSQL is open source software, public domain software.||dBASE is commercial software only licensed version.|
|3.||SQLite do not have any server operting system||DOS and Windows are server operating system using dBASE.|
|4.||ADO.NET, JDBC, ODBC, e.t.c are used as APIs and other access method.||It does not support any APIs and access method.|
|5.||SQLite support SQL(standard query language)||dBASE does not support SQL|
|6.||ACID properties (Atomicity, Consistency, Isolation, and Durability) of transaction is followed by SQLite.||dBASE does not hold for ACID properties|
|7.||No Access right for users in SQLite||Access rights for users and roles is in dBASE|
|8.||Triggers can be used in SQLite||Triggers can’t be used in dBASE.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between MySQL and dBASE
- Difference between Impala and dBASE
- Difference between Microsoft Access and dBASE
- Difference between dBASE and MongoDB
- Difference between Oracle and dBASE
- Difference between SQLite and Cassandra
- Difference between MySQL and SQLite
- Difference between SQLite and MongoDB
- Difference between SQLite and MariaDB
- Difference between SQLite and PostgreSQL
- Difference between SQLite and CouchDB
- Difference between SQLite and Couchbase
- Difference between SQLite and MS SQL Server
- Difference between PouchDB and SQLite
- Difference between SQLite and IBM DB2
- Difference between Derby and SQLite
- Difference between Elasticsearch and SQLite
- Difference between Neo4j and SQLite
- Differences between SQL and SQLite
- How to pre populate database in Android using SQLite Database
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.