Broadband system use modulation techniques to reduce the effect of noise in the environment. Broadband transmission employs multiple channel unidirectional transmission using combination of phase and amplitude modulation.
Baseband is a digital signal is transmitted on the medium using one of the signal codes like NRZ, RZ Manchester biphase-M code etc. is called baseband transmission.
These are following differences between Broadband and Baseband transmission.
Baseband transmission –
- Digital signalling.
- Frequency division multiplexing is not pssible.
- Baseband is bi-directional transmission.
- Short distance signal travelling.
- Entire bandwidth is for single signal transmission.
- Example: Ethernet is using Basebands for LAN.
Broadband transmission –
- Analog signalling.
- Transmission of data is unidirectional.
- Signal travelling distance is long.
- Frequency division multiplexing possible.
- Simultaneous transmission of multiple signals over different frequencies.
- Example : Used to transmit cable TV to premises.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Serial and Parallel Transmission
- Difference between Simplex, Half duplex and Full Duplex Transmission Modes
- Difference between Synchronous and Asynchronous Transmission
- Difference between Terrestrial Microwave and Satellite Microwave Transmission System
- Transmission Impairment in Data Communication
- Difference and Similarities between PHP and C
- Difference between Stop and Wait protocol and Sliding Window protocol
- Similarities and Difference between Java and C++
- Difference between Yaacomo and and XAP
- Difference between VoIP and and POTS
- Difference between ++*p, *p++ and *++p
- Difference Between DOS and Windows
- Difference between User Level thread and Kernel Level thread
- What’s difference between The Internet and The Web ?
- Difference between Priority Inversion and Priority Inheritance
- What’s difference between Linux and Android ?
- What’s difference between header files "stdio.h" and "stdlib.h" ?
- Difference between HTML and HTTP
- Difference between http:// and https://
- What's difference between MMU and MPU?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.