In this article, we will learn how to create a combined set in tableau worksheet to do further operations. For this first look into two terms :
- Tableau: Tableau may be a very powerful data visualization tool that will be employed by data analysts, scientists, statisticians, etc. to see the info and obtain a transparent opinion supported the info analysis. Tableau is extremely famous because it can absorb data and produce the specified data visualization output during a very short time.
- Set: Tableau Sets are custom fields wont to hold the subset of knowledge supported by a given condition. In real-time, you’ll create a group by selecting members from the list or a visualization. You can also do the same by writing custom Conditions or Selecting Top/Bottom few records in a Measure.
Dataset used in the given examples is Dataset.
For this we have to follow some steps :
Open the Tableau tool and connect a dataset into it. Drag and drop the one sheet of the connected dataset. Click on sheet1 to open the tableau worksheet. On clicking Sheet1 you will get whole dataset attributes on the left side and a worksheet for work.
To create a combined set in tableau follow the given instructions:
- Select the sets that want to be combined.
- Right-click on the selected part.
- Click on create combined set.
- Add/modify the values (optional).
- Your combined set is ready.
Example 1: In this example, we create a combined set by using the above given instructions.
Example 2: In this example, we also create the combined set but with some modification.
Here we can make combined sets in four different formats :
- Take the Union of values of both sets.
- Take the Intersection of values of both sets.
- Take values of set 1 which are not the part of set 2.
- Take values of set 2 which are not the part of set 1 (opposite of 3 formats).
Example 3: In this example, we use a combined set that is formed in the above example and at last also explains the difference of different formats.
Example 4: In this example, we will learn how to delete a combined set. One can simply delete it by right-clicking on it and then click delete.