In this article, we will learn how to import an Excel file in tableau worksheet to do further operations.
Tableau is a very powerful data visualization tool that can be used by data analysts, scientists, statisticians, etc. to visualize the data and get a clear opinion based on the data analysis. Tableau is very famous as it can take in data and produce the required data visualization output in a very short time.
Excel sheet is one of the most ubiquitous forms of files in the IT Industry. Everyone who uses a computer at one time or the other have come across and worked with Excel spreadsheets. This popularity of Excel is due to its vast range of applications in the field of storing and manipulation of data in a tabular and systematic form.
Dataset used in the given example is Dataset.
For this we have to follow some steps :
1. Open the Tableau tool.
2. Click the “Microsoft Excel” in the “To a file” of “Connect” section, ( Connect -> To a file -> Microsoft Excel.)
3. On clicking, we get the file selector. You can change the file location or can open any Excel file from any location.
4. Select an Excel file and open it.
5. After opening an Excel file in tableau you will get a screen as shown below with the connected data.
6. Here, you will get your dataset (Excel file content) with all sheets it has.
7. You can view the data/sheet by dragging and dropping it and further operations can be performed on it.