In this article we will learn how to use Image Object on dashboard in tableau. For this first look into two terms :
- Tableau : Tableau is a very powerful data visualization tool that can be used by data analysts, scientists, statisticians, etc. to visualize the data and get a clear opinion based on the data analysis. Tableau is very famous as it can take in data and produce the required data visualization output in a very short time.
- Dashboard : A dashboard could also be a set of several views, letting you compare a selection of data simultaneously. For example, if you’ve got a group of views that you simply review a day , you’ll create a dashboard that displays all the views directly , instead of navigate to separate worksheets.
For this we have to follow some steps :
Open the Tableau tool and click on Show start Page.
2. Click on the square+ sign to open a new dashboard.
3. You will find some dashboard objects as given :
- 4. To use image object, click on image and you can add any image with some features.
Let’s discuss this procedure and some features with examples given below :
Example 1: In this example, we will show how to add an image to the dashboard.
Example 2: In this example, we will show how to use different features (edit image, fit image, center image and especially the floating nature) given for an image object in a dashboard.
Example 3: In this example, we will use a fantastic feature of image object i.e; URL can be added with image and can be open by clicking on it.
Example 4: In this example, we will learn how to remove the image. One can remove the image by clicking on the cross sign or click on remove from dashboard followed by clicking the down arrow.