Amazon Interview Experience for SDE-1 | 6-Months Intern (On-Campus)
Round 1: An online assessment that consisted of four parts:
- Code Debugging: 7 questions to be debugged in 20 minutes. (easy-medium)
- Coding Test: 2 coding questions to be solved in 70 minutes. (medium)
- Workstyles assessment: 20minutes
- Reasoning ability: 35 minutes (easy-medium)
38 members were shortlisted for the interviews.
Round 2: It was a technical interview for 1 hour. The interviewer gave her an introduction and asked about me. Then I was given the following questions.
- https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/word-break-problem-dp-32/. Asked me to discuss the time and space complexity of my approach and then to code.
- https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/trapping-rain-water/. I was able to solve this easily and discussed the time and space complexity.
Around 12 members were shortlisted for TR-2
Round 3: It was a technical interview for 1 hour. After a brief introduction the interviewer asked the following question:
- Given a binary tree, return the sum of all the nodes whose Kth parent (Kth ancestor) value is even. Where 0 < K < 10^7.
K=2 8 / \ 2 3 / \ \ 4 5 7 \ / 6 1
- The 2nd ancestor of 4 , 5 ,7 is 8 and 8 is even
- The 2nd ancestor of 6 is 2 and 2 is even
- The 2nd ancestor of 1 is 3 and 3 is odd
So the answer is 4 +5 +7+6= 22
First I gave an n^2 solution, and he asked to optimize it. Then I came up with a nlogn solution (for the balanced binary tree).
Finally, I wrote a code with linear time complexity using post-order traversal.
THANK YOU SO MUCH GFG TEAM…
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon and Microsoft Test Serieses.