This is a sample interview experience to show the format of writing the interview experience. It would take just about an hour to write your interview experience and its quite easy.
Include necessary tips and search your asked question on google or geeks for geeks and include its link with the question so that anyone else can refer to it to learn about the solution. If you are not able to find any relevant link of the question on Geeks for Geeks or any other website then you can mention it with the question otherwise you can skip.
You can create an article on http://contribute.geeksforgeeks.org/. After creating the articles, author may use preview button to see how it looks. Once done, author needs to change status to “Pending Review”. In case you don’t want to follow these steps, you can mail a docx/doc/txt file to firstname.lastname@example.org
Below is a sample interview experience and get an insight on how to write your Interview experience.
Sample Interview Experience
The first round comprised of 50 MCQ questions including aptitude, logical, C output questions and technical portions(Test Duration: 1 hour) :-
Quantitative aptitude and Logical part was much more predominant, the questions were more intuitive and not typical paper pen/formula based. They were not very difficult but were very tricky.
Suggestion: I would suggest to do practice from sites like Indiabix as it will give confidence to solve problems.
Technical aptitude part covered questions from computer networks, operating system, data structures(specifically tree),digital electronics and questions from microprocessor & other electronics topic. C output questions were also there.
Suggestion: I would suggest to do quizzes from geeksforgeeks to get in touch with all concepts of C and other subjects.
Tips :- Solve the questions with calm mind. Don’t stress yourself during test because you have to do 50 questions in 60 minutes. Don’t spend too much time on any question if you are not able to do it in the first attempt.
Round-2 (Technical Interview Round-1)
1) Questions from project. My project was on REST, so he asked various typical questions on REST(Why, How etc). He later asked me to design a REST API for a part of my project.
2) He asked me to design Uber Cab service. He gave me an instant that there are 5 lakh drivers and they all are sending a request to the server & database at a particular time. He asked how can you manage these requests efficiently. I gave answers by using the concepts of Load Balancer, Sharding, Master Slave etc. and he was pretty much happy to listen the concepts.
4) Later he gave me an instant of above designed uber where sorting was the answer. So i gave him an answer using Comparator of java and wrote code for the same.
5) Discussions on MVC architecture. He said suppose you click weather.com on any browser what happens if you use MVC architecture behind and what happens if you haven’t used MVC. We had good discussion over use of Controller in MVC.
Tips :- Explain using more diagrams.(I used 4-5 total pages in this interview)
Round-3 (Technical Interview Round-2)
1) Again discussion on all projects.
2) Discussion over REST and SOAP.
3) I have used exist-db(Native XML Database) as a database in one of my project and mysql in other. From there we went to discussions over SQL vs No-Sql. He kept on giving me instances one after other and asked which suits best on each of them(sql or no-sql)
4) What happens when one ajax call is still running and you send an another ajax call before the data of first ajax call comes back?
Tips :- You should know each and every word of your Resume.
Round-4 (Managerial Round)
1) Basic questions about team management and team conflict.
2) What problems you faced in doing projects technologically wise and managing wise too?
3) He gave me instants which can arise during working in team and asked what will you do in them.
4) Some discussions over what technologies I know.
5) Which project do you liked the most and why?
Round-5 (HR Round)
1) Tell me something about yourself.
2) What differentiates yourself from others.
3) Little discussions over my extra curricular activities written in resume.
4) Team Conflict questions.
5) What are your future plans related with further studies?
6) Do you have any Location constraints?
Tips:- Know yourself before any interview.
Be calm & answer politely.
This article is contributed by Ashish Madaan. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Goldman Sachs Interview Experience | Set 23 (2+ years Experience for Java Developer Role)
- TIAA Interview Experience -Java Back Backend Developer (3+ years Experience)
- Microsoft Interview Experience (Full Time 2018 Washington DC - with 2.5 years of experience)
- Arcesium Interview Experience - Senior Software Engineer (3 years experience)
- Samsung R&D Bangalore Interview Experience | Lateral hire (6 month experience)
- Arcesium Interview Experience | Set 5 (3+ years experience - Developer profile)
- Arcesium Interview Experience Software Engineer (1+ year experience)
- Oyo Rooms Interview Experience | Set 3 (For Backend Engineer, Experience <=1yrs)
- Nutanix Interview Experience for MTS - QA (4+ year experience) [ Language - Python ]
- Nagarro Interview Experience for Xamarin Developer | 3 Years Experience
- Brocade Interview Experience | Set 2 (For Software Engineer 0-2.5 Years Experience)
- Goldman Sachs Interview Experience | Set 39 (1.5 years experience)
- Mentor Graphics (Siemens) Interview Experience (For Experience – 3 yrs) | Sr. MTS
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 167 (SDE I for 1 year 6 months experience)
- MindTickle Interview Experience | Off-campus | Fresher( 0-Yr Experience)
- Walmart Lab Interview Experience | Set 8 (Off-Campus 3 Years Experience)
- Adobe Interview Experience | Computer Scientist (5 yr Experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience (SDE-1, 8 month experience, Refferal)
- Walmart Interview Experience for SDE2 | Set 19 (3.8 years experience)
- Oyo Rooms Interview Experience | Set 12 (4+ experience Backend Developer)