Word Processing Software :
The word “word processor” means it processes words with pages and paragraphs. Word processors are of 3 types which are electronic, mechanical, and software.
The word processing software is used to apply the basic editing and design and also helps in manipulating the text to your pages whereas the word processor, is a device that provides editing, input, formatting, and output of the given text with some additional features.
It is a type of computer software application or an electronic device. In today’s generation, the word processor has become the word processing software or programs that are running on general-purpose computers.
Examples or Applications of a Word Processing Software :
- Microsoft Word
- Lotus word pro
- WordPerfect (Windows only),
- AppleWorks (Mac only),
- Work pages
- OpenOffice Writer
- They are stand-alone devices that are dedicated to the function.
- Their programs are running on general-purpose computers
- It is easy to use
- Helps in changing the shape and style of the characters of the paragraphs
- Basic editing like headers & footers, bullets, numbering is being performed by it.
- It has a facility for mail merge and preview.
- It helps in Correcting grammar and spelling of sentences
- It helps in storing and creating typed documents in a new way.
- It provides the function of Creating the documents with basic editing, saving, and printing of it or same.
- It helps in Copy the text along with moving deleting and pasting the text within a given document.
- It helps in Formatting text like bold, underlining, font type, etc.
- It provides the function of creating and editing the formats of tables.
- It helps in Inserting the various elements from some other types of software.
- It benefits the environment by helping in reducing the amount of paperwork.
- The cost of paper and postage waste is being reduced.
- It is used to manipulate the document text like a report
- It provides various tools like copying, deleting and formatting, etc.
- It helps in recognizing the user interface feature
- It applies the basic design to your pages
- It makes it easier for you to perform repetitive tasks
- It is a fully functioned desktop publishing program
- It is time-saving.
- It is dynamic in nature for exchanging the data.
- It produces error-free documents.
- Provide security to our documents.
- It does not give you complete control over the look and feel of your document.
- It did not develop out of computer technology.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.