Many folks consider that they both are same but are they really same?
The Internet is a global network of networks while the Web, also referred formally as World Wide Web (www) is collection of information which is accessed via the Internet. Another way to look at this difference is; the Internet is infrastructure while the Web is service on top of that infrastructure. Alternatively, the Internet can be viewed as a big book-store while the Web can be viewed as collection of books on that store. At a high level, we can even think of the Internet as hardware and the Web as software!
Please do Like/Tweet/G+1 if you find the above useful. Also, please do leave us comment for further clarification or info. We would love to help and learn 🙂
GeeksforGeeks has prepared a complete interview preparation course with premium videos, theory, practice problems, TA support and many more features. Please refer Placement 100 for details
- Difference between Internet and Intranet
- Difference between Wifi and Internet
- Difference between Internet and Extranet
- Difference between Network and Internet
- Difference between Antivirus and Internet Security
- Difference Between Internet of Things and Artificial Intelligence
- Difference between Serial Line Internet Protocol (SLIP) and Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP)
- Internet of Everything
- The Internet and the Web
- Internet and Web programming
- Internet of Things and careers in IoT
- How world-wide-web (www) is different from the Internet ?
- Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP)
- Internet Service Provider (ISP) hierarchy
- Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6)