Generally, most of people confused between internet and intranet. While there is exist lots of differences to differentiate them.
Internet is used to connect different network of computers simultaneously. It is a public network therefore anyone can access the internet. In internet, there are multiple users and it provides unlimited number of information to the users.
Intranet is the type of internet which is used by privately. It is a private network therefore anyone can’t access intranet. In intranet, there are limited number of users and it provides limited number of information to its users.
Now, we shall see the difference between internet and intranet:
|1.||Internet is used to connect different network of computers simultaneously.||Intranet is owned by private firms.|
|2.||In internet, there are multiple users.||In intranet, there are limited users.|
|3.||Internet is unsafe.||Intranet is safe.|
|4.||In internet, There are more number of visitors.||In intranet, There are less number of visitors.|
|5.||Internet is a public network.||Intranet is a private network.|
|6.||Anyone can access Internet.||In this, anyone can’t access the Intranet.|
|7.||Internet provides unlimited information.||Intranet provides limited information.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Intranet and Extranet
- What’s difference between The Internet and The Web ?
- Difference between Internet and Extranet
- Difference between Network and Internet
- Difference between Wifi and Internet
- Difference between Antivirus and Internet Security
- Difference Between Internet of Things and Artificial Intelligence
- Difference between Serial Line Internet Protocol (SLIP) and Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP)
- The Internet and the Web
- Internet of Everything
- Threats on Internet
- Internet of Things (IoT) | Set 3
- Introduction of 3D Internet
- Internet of Things (IoT) | Set 2
- Internet and Web programming
- Internet of Things and careers in IoT
- Introduction to Internet of Things (IoT) | Set 1
- Internet of Things (IoT) Gateways
- Internet: Boon or Bane?
- Internet Relay Chat (IRC)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.