Computers and their systems square measure difficult in their approach, and it gets doubly robust once you need to comprehend 2 terms associated with this subject that act already utilized in the regular language, those mentioned adequately during this article square measure Network and net, they will appear totally different from one another, and so they will seem like one another.
The most distinction between them comes in their definition; a Network could be a association of 1 or additional computers placed in associate surroundings, and also the Internet is that the relationship of computers connecting them from everywhere the planet.
The basic distinction between network and net is that the Network consists of pcs that area unit physically connected and may be used as a private computer yet on share data with one another. Conversely, the Internet could be a technology that links these little and huge networks with one another and builds a additional in depth network.
Let’s see that the difference between network and internet:
|1.||Network is defined as the group of two or more computer systems.||Whereas internet is the interrelationship of a few networks.|
|2.||The coverage of network is limited in comparison of internet.||While it covers large geographical area.|
|3.||It provides the link between many computers and network-enabled devices.||While it provide connection among many networks.|
|4.||The types of network are: LAN, MAN, WAN, CAN and HAM.||Whereas the types of internet is world wide web.|
|5.||Through network, hundreds or a few thousands of computer system can linked simultaneously.||While through internet, millions of computer system can linked simultaneously.|
|6.||It requires less number of hardware devices.||While it requires various hardware devices.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Storage Area Network (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS)
- Difference between Next Generation Network and Traditional Network
- Difference between Software Defined Network and Traditional Network
- What’s difference between The Internet and The Web ?
- Difference between Antivirus and Internet Security
- Difference between Internet and Intranet
- Difference between Serial Line Internet Protocol (SLIP) and Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP)
- Difference between Wifi and Internet
- Difference Between Internet of Things and Artificial Intelligence
- Difference between Internet and WWW
- Difference between Internet, Intranet and Extranet
- Difference between Internet and Extranet
- Differences between Wireless Adhoc Network and Wireless Sensor Network
- Basic Network Attacks in Computer Network
- Internet and Web programming
- The Internet and the Web
- Internet of Things and careers in IoT
- Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP)
- Program to remotely Power On a PC over the internet using the Wake-on-LAN protocol.
- Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.