What Can I Do With Python?
Python is an interpreted, high-level, general-purpose programming language. Created by Guido van Rossum and first released in 1991, Python’s design philosophy emphasizes code readability with its notable use of significant whitespace.
Let’ s see the various fields where python can be used:
Uses of Python
In terms of usability, Python is limitless. It can be used from web development to machine learning, data science and can also be used for writing scripts for automating daily life tasks like sending an email, or desktop notification and many more. Let’s see some of the uses of Python.
How is Python used in Web Development?
- Django And Flask are 2 Python-based popular web frameworks that used to create backend code.
- Django is an in-demand skill and as it is based on Python the knowledge in Python language enables quick learning of the framework and its application.
- Python can be used to build server-side web applications. While a web framework is not required to build web apps, it’s rare that developers would not use existing open-source libraries to speed up their progress in getting their application working.
How is Python used in Data Science, Machine Learning?
- Machine Learning And Data Science have great advantages when used with python this is because of the extensive libraries built in python.
- Python is known for using large data and also has its large libraries including Numpy, Pandas which help in data science and also TensorFlow and Pytorch that have made matrix computations faster and providing a boost in the Data Science world.
How is Python used in Game Development?
- Pygame, Python can be used to code a variety of arcade games, adventure games, and puzzle games that you can deploy within a few days. Classics like hangman, tic-tac-toe, ping-pong, and more are all doable with your newly acquired programming skills.
- Pygame library makes it even easier to build your own games. It contains almost anything you could need when starting to develop a game.
- Pygame is a free and open-source. It includes computer graphics and sound libraries that you can use to add interactive functionality to your application.
How is Python used in Desktop Application Development?
Tkinter is the standard GUI library for Python. Python when combined with Tkinter provides a fast and easy way to create GUI applications. Tkinter provides a powerful object-oriented interface to the Tk GUI toolkit.
Python provides various options for developing graphical user interfaces (GUIs). Most important are listed below.
How is Python used in performing Systems Level operations?
The OS module in Python provides functions for interacting with the operating system. OS comes under Python’s standard utility modules. This module provides a portable way of using operating system dependent functionality. The *os* and *os.path* modules include many functions to interact with the file system.
How is Python used in Data Mining?
Classification (a type of supervised learning) helps to identify to which set of categories an observation belongs based on the training data set that contains the observations. The most common Python library used for classification is Scikit-Learn.
Clustering means grouping a set of objects such that the objects in one cluster are more or less similar to each other than ones in the other clusters. Unlike classification, this type of data analysis is a type of unsupervised learning. One of the most popular clustering techniques is K-Means.
- Linear Regression
Regression is a type of supervised learning algorithm that will predict the value of a dependent variable (a) based on an independent variable (b). The algorithm calculates the linear relationship between the input and output variables and plots a straight line on the graph.
How is Python used in Web Scraping?
- Scraping means to scrape content from the website.
- For scraping purposes, python has Beautifulsoup( as a bs4), requests popular libraries.
- Python has a complete framework for Web Scraping: Scrapy.
How is Python used in BlockChain?
- Blockchain was initially developed as financial technology, it’s spreading to a variety of other industries as well. Blockchain can be used for almost any kind of transaction like real estate dealings, medical record transfers, etc.
- In Python, we can use flask, requests, hashlib, JSON library together to implement a blockchain algorithm and then use it.
How is Python used in Hacking?
Being able to gain access to a system that you’re not supposed to have access to is known as Hacking. Python is a very simple language yet powerful scripting language, it’s open-source and object-oriented and it has great libraries that can be used for both for hacking and for writing very useful normal programs other than hacking programs.
Disadvantages of Python
Like any other language, Python is also not perfect and have some disadvantages. Some of the disadvantages are –
- Python is slower than other programming languages like C/C++ and is not closer to hardware like C/C++
- It is not a very good language for mobile development
- For any memory-intensive tasks Python is not a good choice. That is why it is not used for that purpose. Python’s memory consumption is also high, due to the flexibility of the data types.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course. And to begin with your Machine Learning Journey, join the Machine Learning – Basic Level Course