Round 1: Online Test
TCS Ninja happened first time this year. It was a Nationa Qualifier Test and hence there is so much pressure to do well. Else the chances of getting qualified are very less. The online test of TCS Ninja had 4 sections.
- Aptitude (20 questions – 40 mins)
- English (10 questions – 10 mins)
- Programming Concepts (10 questions – 20 mins)
- Coding (1 question – 20 mins)
Among these, aptitude and English were easy. Programming concepts and coding section needs preparation. Basic knowledge of C and Data structure is enough. I and my friends practiced the previous year papers shared by our seniors and most of those questions were repeated in the aptitude section. Those papers did not have the solutions though. For solutions, you can probably check out these:
In our campus, 2900 people gave the test. Out of which 1035 people got qualified to the technical interview round.
Round 2: Technical Interview & HR Interview
The technical round was on the immediate next day. The panel members were very friendly and cool. They asked me these questions
- Tell me about yourself
- Which fields are you interested in and why? (I told computer networks)
- What is a subnet mask? Difference between TCP and UDP? Explain TCP IP protocol?
- Tell us about your projects
- What are your hobbies?
- Are you willing to work in night shifts?
- Are you willing to relocate?
The interview lasted for about 15 mins. A lot of questions were related to my projects. Like I was asked about the functioning, my contribution in the project, about its uniqueness and all.
For interview preparation, you can select one of your favorite subjects and prepare from geeksforgeeks. Try to cover all the topics given in geeksforgeeks under that subjects and you will be able to answer most of the questions. I also did the same.
After this round, 401 people got selected for TCS Ninja. I was one of them 🙂