Given a string “str” and another string “sub_str”. We are allowed to delete “sub_str” from “str” any number of times. It is also given that the “sub_str” appears only once at a time. The task is to find if “str” can become empty by removing “sub_str” again and again.
Input : str = "GEEGEEKSKS", sub_str = "GEEKS" Output : Yes Explanation : In the string GEEGEEKSKS, we can first delete the substring GEEKS from position 4. The new string now becomes GEEKS. We can again delete sub-string GEEKS from position 1. Now the string becomes empty. Input : str = "GEEGEEKSSGEK", sub_str = "GEEKS" Output : No Explanation : In the string it is not possible to make the string empty in any possible manner.
We have existing solution for this problem please refer Check if a string can become empty by recursively deleting a given sub-string link. We will solve this problem in python using String Slicing. Approach is very simple,
- Use find() method of string to search given pattern sub-string.
- If sub-string lies in main string then find function will return index of it’s first occurrence.
- Now slice string in two parts, (i) from start of string till index-1 of founded sub-string, (ii) (start from first index of founded sub-string + length of sub-string) till end of string.
- Concatenate these two sliced part and repeat from step 1 until original string becomes empty or we don’t find sub-string anymore.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Python | Check if any String is empty in list
- Python program to check if string is empty or not
- String slicing in Python to rotate a string
- Check if a string can become empty by recursively deleting a given sub-string
- String Slicing in Python
- Python | Reverse Slicing of given string
- Python | Reverse Incremental String Slicing
- Python | Reverse Interval Slicing String
- Python | Get the substring from given string using list slicing
- Program to check if the String is Empty in Java
- Recursive function to check if a string is palindrome
- Python counter and dictionary intersection example (Make a string using deletion and rearrangement)
- Python | Empty String to None Conversion
- Python | Convert None to empty string
- Python | First Non-Empty String in list
- Python | Splitting list on empty string
- Python | Check if given string can be formed by concatenating string elements of list
- Python | Check if string ends with any string in given list
- Python - Ways to remove multiple empty spaces from string List
- Python | Check if a given string is binary string or not
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : rakeshsshankala