1. find(“string”, beg, end) :- This function is used to find the position of the substring within a string.It takes 3 arguments, substring , starting index( by default 0) and ending index( by default string length).
- It returns “-1 ” if string is not found in given range.
- It returns first occurrence of string if found.
2. rfind(“string”, beg, end) :- This function has the similar working as find(), but it returns the position of the last occurrence of string.
The first occurrence of str2 is at : 8 The last occurrence of str2 is at : 21
3. startswith(“string”, beg, end) :- The purpose of this function is to return true if the function begins with mentioned string(prefix) else return false.
4. endswith(“string”, beg, end) :- The purpose of this function is to return true if the function ends with mentioned string(suffix) else return false.
str1 begins with : geeks str1 does not end with : geeks
5. islower(“string”) :- This function returns true if all the letters in the string are lower cased, otherwise false.
6. isupper(“string”) :- This function returns true if all the letters in the string are upper cased, otherwise false.
All characters in str are not upper cased All characters in str1 are lower cased
7. lower() :- This function returns the new string with all the letters converted into its lower case.
8. upper() :- This function returns the new string with all the letters converted into its upper case.
9. swapcase() :- This function is used to swap the cases of string i.e upper case is converted to lower case and vice versa.
10. title() :- This function converts the string to its title case i.e the first letter of every word of string is upper cased and else all are lower cased.
The lower case converted string is : geeksforgeeks is for geeks The upper case converted string is : GEEKSFORGEEKS IS FOR GEEKS The swap case converted string is : gEEKSfORgEEKS IS FoR gEEkS The title case converted string is : Geeksforgeeks Is For Geeks
This article is contributed by Manjeet Singh .If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- isupper(), islower(), lower(), upper() in Python and their applications
- Python | Pandas Series.str.lower(), upper() and title()
- Python regex to find sequences of one upper case letter followed by lower case letters
- Case conversion (Lower to Upper and Vice Versa) of a string using BitWise operators in C/C++
- Python program to count upper and lower case characters without using inbuilt functions
- Python string | swapcase()
- Python String | rfind()
- Python String | islower() method
- Python String | isupper() method
- Python | String upper()
- Python | String lower()
- numpy string operations | swapcase() function
- Program to print Lower triangular and Upper triangular matrix of an array
- numpy string operations | rfind() function
- Python String Title method
- Convert string to title case in Python
- Python | Pandas Series.str.swapcase()
- numpy string operations | islower() function
- numpy string operations | isupper() function
- Sum of upper triangle and lower triangle
Improved By : AkashChandraGupta