Given a string, write a Python program to get the substring from given string using list slicing. Let’s try to get this using different examples.
In this example, we will see how to take a substring from the end or from starting of string.
initial_strings : xbzefdgstb print resultant substring from start xb print resultant substring from end efdgstb
In this example, we will see how to create a string by taking characters from the certain positional gap.
initial_strings : xbzefdgstb print resultant substring from start xzfgt print resultant substring from end xegb
In this example, we are considering both cases of taking string from the middle with some positional gap between characters.
initial_strings : xbzefdgstb print resultant substring zfg
- Python | Substring removal in String list
- Python - Count Strings with substring String List
- String slicing in Python to check if a string can become empty by recursive deletion
- Python | Variable list slicing
- Python List Comprehension and Slicing
- Python | Custom slicing in List
- Python | Custom List slicing Sum
- Python | Alternate range slicing in list
- String Slicing in Python
- Python | Reverse Slicing of given string
- String slicing in Python to rotate a string
- Program to cyclically rotate an array by one in Python | List Slicing
- Python | Filter list of strings based on the substring list
- Python | Slicing list from Kth element to last element
- Python | Replace substring in list of strings
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.