In this article, we will learn how to sort the visualization by Data source order in tableau worksheet to do further operations. For this first look into three terms:
- Tableau: Tableau is a very powerful data visualization tool that can be used by data analysts, scientists, statisticians, etc. to visualize the data and get a clear opinion based on the data analysis. Tableau is very famous as it can take in data and produce the required data visualization output in a very short time.
- Sorting: Sorting is any process of arranging items systematically and has two common, yet distinct meanings: ordering: arranging items in a sequence ordered by some criterion; categorizing: grouping items with similar properties.
- Visualization: Data visualization is the technique used to deliver insights in data using visual cues such as graphs, charts, maps, and many others. This is useful as it helps in intuitive and easy understanding of the large quantities of data and thereby make better decisions regarding it.
Dataset used in the given examples is Dataset.
For this we have to follow some steps :
Open the Tableau tool and connect a dataset into it. Drag and drop the one sheet of the connected dataset. Click on sheet1 to open the tableau worksheet. On clicking Sheet1 you will get whole dataset attributes on the left side and a worksheet for work.
Draw a graph to visualize the data and then apply the sorting technique.
Here, the visualization part is sorted according to the Data Source Order in which two orders are given :
- Ascending Order: The data is arranged as given in the dataset i.e; first come first serve.
- Descending Order: The data is arranged as opposed to the Ascending Order i.e; first come last serve.
- Normal view :
- Ascending View :
- Descending View :
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.