SBI PO Reasoning Ability: Reasoning is a vital element in major competitive exams such as IBPS Clerk and SBI PO, SSC CGL and CHSL, Railways, State PCS, and Civil Services Exam. There is a vast divergence in the type of reasoning ability problems offered in all of these competitive tests. Before beginning test preparation, it is critical to comprehend the exam’s purpose and the syllabus. The reasoning component is extensive and is organized into three primary sections: logical reasoning, verbal reasoning, and nonverbal reasoning. When it comes to banking exams, aspirants must study both logical reasoning and verbal reasoning areas. To make it easier for the aspirants, GeeksforGeeks has SBI PO Reasoning Ability Notes to assist you in developing your reasoning foundation.
SBI PO 2023 Exam Pattern For Prelims
The SBI PO Prelims Exam will have 3 sections:
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Language
The time duration is 1 hour of the SBI PO Exam. The exam pattern is given below:
|No. of Questions
for each test
|SBI PO 2023 English Language
|SBI PO 2023 Quantitative Aptitude
|SBI PO 2023 Reasoning Ability
SBI PO Reasoning Syllabus For Prelims Exam
Following is the list of topics that are included in the SBI PO reasoning syllabus 2023 for the prelim exams:
SBI PO Important Reasoning Topics
One of the most significant portions of banking examinations is reasoning. Reasoning is a challenging subject that can be difficult for any learner. Because of the complexity and difficulty level of the questions, it has become quite tough for banking exam aspirants. Banking test difficulty is rising, and students are bracing themselves for the impending bank exam in 2023. It is one of the most difficult portions since the pattern used in this area becomes more sophisticated with each exam completed.
Below are the important topics that will come in the reasoning ability section:
Directions and Distances:
Ranking & Order:
Ordering and Ranking:
Analytical and Decision Making:
- Reasoning Tricks to Solve Coding -Decoding and Calendar Problems
- Practice Set For Calendar Reasoning
- Key Concept Of Cause and Effect
- Cause And Effect Reasoning Questions
- Practice Test Based on Judgement
- Concept of Mirror Image (Non- Verbal Reasoning)
- Statement and Argument Reasoning Questions With Explanation
- Triangular Based Puzzle For Bank PO Exams
- Logical Arrangement Of Words
- Number Analogy Questions
- Practice Set For Alphabetical Series
- Tricks To Solve Box And Floor Based Puzzle
- Tricks To Solve Month Based Puzzle
- Tricks To Solve Classification
- Reasoning Questions For Bank Exams
SBI PO Exam Pattern For Mains
Candidates who reach the requisite cut-off in the SBI PO Prelims Exam will be eligible to take the Mains Exam. The Mains Section has only been slightly modified, with two new sections included, namely General and Banking Awareness and a Descriptive Test, with the test lasting three hours.
The Descriptive Test lasts 30 minutes and is worth 50 marks. This exam is used to assess candidates’ writing abilities through Letter Writing and Essay Writing.
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude
|General Economy/ Banking Awareness
|Data Analysis & Interpretation
(Letter Writing & Essay)
Tips & Tricks to improve Reasoning Ability
- Do not attempt to answer all of the questions. This will increase your stress. It is crucial that you only attempt questions on topics about which you are well-versed.
- The goal of the exam is to get the most marks in the shortest amount of time. Spend no more time on any question, no matter how well you know the subject.
- Do not be concerned if you have answered fewer questions than expected because the exam may be challenging.
- Maintaining a timer while practicing can assist you in increasing your speed.
- Begin with simple concepts such as blood-related, inequity, syllogism, and so on.
- Attempt the puzzle in the end, regardless of how skilled you are at it.
- Give as many SBI PO Practice Papers as you can. Analyze your practice paper to make sure that you are correcting your errors and learning from them.
FAQ’s – SBI PO Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2023
1. What are the sections in SBI PO Mains Syllabus 2023?
The SBI PO Mains Syllabus comprises four sections: Reasoning + Computer Aptitude, English Language, Data Analysis & Interpretation, and General/Economy/Banking Awareness.
2. What will be the official SBI PO Prelims syllabus 2023?
Explore the comprehensive syllabus for the SBI PO Exam provided in the above article. Carefully review it to understand the syllabus and marking scheme in detail.
3. How many questions will be asked in the Descriptive types for SBI PO Mains Exam?
In the SBI PO Mains exam, there will be two questions asked in the Descriptive type test.
4. What will be the SBI PO Mains Exam Duration?
The Mains exam, including the descriptive paper, will be conducted for a total duration of 3 hours and 30 minutes.
5. Is there negative marking in SBI PO 2023?
Yes, there is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every incorrect answer.
Share your thoughts in the comments
Please Login to comment...