Syllabus of Quantitative Aptitude
Quantitative Aptitude is an essential and important aspect of the Aptitude Test. It assesses numeric abilities as well as logical and analytical abilities. By answering these questions, one may put their handling tactics and problem-solving skills to the test. The most significant prerequisite for passing any competitive exam is quantitative aptitude. The majority of graduate-level examinations demand quantitative aptitude skills. Quantitative aptitude assesses one’s ability to deal with numbers and solve problems. This Aptitude section is designed to assess the applicants’ cognitive process as well as their analytical skills. GeeksforGeeks have updated the SBI PO Quantitative Aptitude Exam Pattern, Syllabus, and Important topics in this article.
Importance of Quantitative Aptitude in SBI Clerk Exam:
SBI Clerk Exam has 3 phases:
- Preliminary Exam – Online Written Test
- Main Exam – Online Written Test
- Group Discussion & Personal Interview
The pattern of the SBI Clerk Quantitative Aptitude 2022 section is given below:
No of Questions
Exam Pattern of SBI Clerk Prelims 2022:
The SBI PO Prelims Exam will have 3 sections:
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Language
The time duration is 1 hour of SBI Clerk Exam. The exam pattern is given below:
No. of Questions
Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus of the SBI Clerk Exam:
One of the most difficult segments of the bank exam is quantitative aptitude. The quantitative aptitude portion examines a candidate’s numerical competence and precision in mathematical computations. The questions range from arithmetic reasoning issues to simple numerical calculations, equations and algebra, percentage analysis, quantitative analysis, and classification.
This section is worth 35 marks and has 35 questions in the prelims exam. This portion has a time limit of 20 minutes and a penalty of 0.25 marks for each incorrect question tried by the candidate. In comparison to the other two components of the SBI Clerk exam, the quantitative aptitude section has the most SBI Clerk Syllabus.
|SBI Clerk Prelims Quantitative Syllabus||Expected number of Questions|
|Equation and Algebra||3|
|Work and Time||2|
|Volume & Surface area||3|
|Upstream and Downstream||1-2|
|Time & Distance||2|
|Surds & Indices||1-2|
|Stock & Shares||1-2|
|Simple Interest and Compound Interest||1-2|
|Sequence & Series||5|
|Ratio & Proportion, Percentage||3|
|Profit and Loss||2|
|Permutation and Combination||5|
|Mixtures and Alligations||1-2|
|Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||1-2|
Following is the list of topics that are included in the SBI Clerk quantitative aptitude syllabus 2022 for the prelim exams:
Profit & Loss
Mixtures & Allegations
Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices
Work & Time
Time & Distance
Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere
Ratio & Proportion, Percentage
Sequence & Series
Permutation, Combination &Probability
Important Topics of Quantitative Aptitude for SBI Clerk:
Simplification and Approximation:
Profit & Loss:
Mixtures & Alligations:
- Mixture and Alligation concept
- Tricks To Solve Mixture and Allegation
- Mixtures and Alligation MCQs
- Mixture and Alligation Questions
Permutation and Combination:
- Permutation and Combination MCQs
- Permutations and Combinations Concepts
- Combinations Formula with Examples
Work & Time:
Sequence & Series:
Simple Interest & Compound Interest:
- Simple Interest
- Compound Interest
- Simple Interest Formula
- Monthly Compound Interest Formula
- Daily Compound Interest Formula
Surds & Indices:
Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere:
Time, Speed, & Distance:
Height and Distance:
Ratio & Proportion:
- Ratio and Proportions Formula
- Ratio and Proportion MCQs
- Tricks To Solve Ratio and Proportion
- Tips & Tricks To Solve Ratio & Proportion – Advance Level
Percentage and Average:
- Percentages Concepts and Questions
- Basic Concept of Percentage
- Percentages MCQs
- Average concept
- Tricks To Solve Questions On Average
- Quadratic Equation Concept and Problems
- Solving Quadratic Equations
- Quadratic Function Formula
- Roots of Quadratic Equations
Frequently Asked Questions on SBI Clerk Exam:
Q1. What type of Questions are asked in the Quantitative Aptitude Section?
Ans. The quantitative aptitude section is included in almost all major competitive exams to check the numerical ability of the candidates. Questions in the form of word problems, graphs, or data interpretation are asked.
Q2. Is the Quantitative Aptitude Section Tough?
Ans. The quantitative aptitude portion is not only difficult but also long due to the numerous calculations required to obtain the final answer. Candidates must manage their pace in order to perform well in the quantitative aptitude portion.
Q3. How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude?
Ans. The following are some easy pointers to assist applicants to prepare for the quantitative aptitude component of competitive exams:
- Concentrate on grasping the core concept.
- Increase the number of questions you practice for each topic.
- When answering quantitative aptitude questions, use shortcuts and tricks.
- Try solving the SBI Clerk practice paper that is developed exclusively for this segment.
- Time management must be considered.
- If you have a huge decimal number, consider rounding it off and answering the question.