Samsung R&D Bangalore visited our college BIT Mesra to hire Full time employees and 6 months interns .
It was held on Samsung’s own platform. It was a 3 hour long online contest and there was only one problem.
Every point in the universe is represented by (x, y) co-ordinates . The distance between two points ->(x1, y1) and (x2, y2) can be calculated as abs(x1-x2)+abs(y1-y2) . Time to travel unit distance is 1 Second. Now there are n warmholes, Every warmhole is described by 3 details-> co-ordinates of one end of warmhole, co-ordinates of other end of warmhole and time to travel through the warmhole. Now we are given a source and a destination and we have to calculate minimum time to go from source to destination by using any number of warmhole.
0<=N<=5 (number of warmhole)
Co-ordinates of every point: (x, y) 0<=x, y<=1000.
I applied Floyd Warshall. there were 50 test cases and in order to qualify for the next round you have to pass all the test cases. 58 students were shortlisted for the next round.
In this round we were divided into four groups and we have given a problem and we had to write the best possible approach and code on paper, time given was 25 minutes and after that we had to discuss our approach with the assigned mentor.
tips: do not use STL, keep the code clean with proper indentation. and break the code into different functions.
35 students were shortlisted for further rounds.
It was a pure technical round. The interviewer was same who took my second round.
As the profile of the company was Network software Engineer and I had done two of my projects on networking, he asked me to draw the system design for the first one followed by some questions related to networking.
Some of the questions were:
- Why TCP/IP?
- Difference between TCP and UDP protocol.
- What is DNS ?Explain the process to find the IP address ?
- What is difference between MAC address and IP address?
- Difference between hub, switch and routers?
- what is the difference between hub and repeater?
- What is DHCP ?
- Explain OSI Model.
- What is piggybacking?
- What is flooding in routers?
- What is filtering?
- Explain 3 way handshake connection establishment process in TCP?
He was satisfied with my answers.
After that he asked me about my previous interviews of other companies.
Q. Design a live cricket score board using proper data structures?
Suggestion:- Try to discuss all possible features that you can add in your design. It will create a good remark.
He asked my favourite subjects ?
I told Operating systems.
He asked some basic questions related to operating system.
- Difference between Process and Thread?
- Difference between multi-threading and multitasking?
- Benefits of multi-threading?
- what is the drawback of contiguous memory allocation and how to overcome it?
- What is demand paging?
- What is LRU page replacement algorithm . write a working code on paper?
After that he switched to Oops.
Q. Suppose you visit a shoe shop to buy a shoe, explain how the shoe is satisfying all the features of object oriented programming.
He gave me only 30 seconds to think.
One by one i was able to explain him all the features like encapsulation, abstraction, polymorphism, overriding, inheritance.
After that he switched to DBMS.
Q. Difference between Sql and No-sql database?
Q. Design an Aadhaar Card based information storing and retrieval system .
Initially I gave him approach based on storing the information using Aadhar Id as my primary key and using Sql query to fetch details.
He changed the question.
Q. Suppose all the information related to a person has been mapped to its unique aadhar-id . Now you can use only aadhar-id to fetch the details of the person and no sql query will work for you.
Design a system which when given some attribute’s values (example -name, city, phone no)as an input returns back all the details of that person.
He gave me 2 minutes to think properly.
After struggling a bit, Finally I gave me an approach based on trie data structures. I told me that we can consider each attribute as string and store a list of all the Aadhaar Ids at the end of each string which posses that attribute value.We can take intersection of all Aadhaar Ids from all Tries and at last we can get unique id which is already mapped to details, so we can easily fetch all the details using this mapped data structure.
After this he was impressed with me.
Finally after a very long round he asked me if I have any questions for him.
I asked him 3- 4 questions based on the Pre-placement Talk.
Round 4:(Behavioural + Managerial round)
The interviewer was bit cool in this round.
He put a set of 5 questions infront of me which I had to answer One by One
I. Explain your one of the best projects.
II. What was your role in that project?
III. Your daily activity routine.
IV. Your hobbies.
V. What is your dream Job.
PS: Be confident with your answers.
He told me if i have any questions for him.
I asked him 5 questions.
He concluded the round by saying me all the best.
Round 5 ( HR Round):
questions from PPT.
what do you know about our work and how will you contribute in it.
questions on family background.
What is the role of networking in making common people life easier?
- Samsung R&D Bangalore (On-Campus 2019)
- Samsung R&D Bangalore | FTE 2019 (On Campus) NIT Rourkela
- Samsung R&D - Bangalore Interview | Hiring -2019
- Samsung R&D (Bangalore) On Campus Internship Experience 2019
- Samsung R&D Bangalore Interview Experience (On-Campus 2019)
- SAMSUNG R&D - BANGALORE (SRIB) | INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE - 2019 | ON-CAMPUS
- Samsung Interview Experience | On-campus for Samsung Research Institute,Bangalore
- Samsung Software - Competency Test (Samsung R&D Bangalore) Experience > 1 yrs
- Samsung Interview Experience | Set 3 (Samsung Research Institute, Bangalore)
- Samsung Interview Experience | On-campus for Samsung R&D, Bangalore
- UHG Interview Experience | OnCampus- 2019
- InfoEdge Interview Experience | OnCampus-2019
- Samsung Interview Experience | On-campus 2019 for Samsung Research Institute, Delhi
- Samsung Bangalore R&D (On campus for FTE)
- Samsung RnD Bangalore Interview 2018
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.