ReactJS Onsen UI Carousel Component
ReactJS Onsen-UI is a popular front-end library with a set of React components that are designed to developing HTML5 hybrid and mobile web apps in a beautiful and efficient way. Carousel Component allows the user to show the sliding item, and it is used when there is a group of content on the same level. We can use the following approach in ReactJS to use the Onsen-UI Carousel Component.
- direction: It is used to denote the direction of the carousel.
- fullscreen: The carousel will cover the whole screen when this is set to true.
- overscrollable: The carousel will be scrollable over the edge, and It will bounce back when released when this is set to true.
- centered: The carousel then the selected item will be in the center of the carousel instead of the beginning when this is set to true.
- itemWidth: It is used to denote the ons-carousel-item’s width.
- itemHeight: It is used to denote the ons-carousel-item’s height.
- autoScroll: The carousel will be automatically scrolled to the closest item border when released when this is set to true.
- autoScrollRatio: It specifies how much the user must drag the carousel in order for it to auto-scroll to the next item and it ranges from 0 to 1.
- swipeable: The carousel can be scrolled by drag or swipe when this is set to true.
- disabled: The carousel will be disabled when this is set to true.
- index: It is used to specify the index of the ons-carousel-item to show.
- autoRefresh: The carousel will automatically refresh when the number of child nodes changes when this is set to true.
- onPostChange: It is a callback function that is called just after the current carousel item has changed.
- onRefresh: It is a callback function that is called when the carousel has been refreshed.
- onOverscroll: It is a callback function that is called when the carousel has been overscrolled.
- animationOptions: It is used to specify the animation’s duration, delay, and timing.
- onSwipe: It is a callback function that is called whenever the user slides the carousel.
Creating React Application And Installing Module:
Step 1: Create a React application using the following command:
npx create-react-app foldername
Step 2: After creating your project folder i.e. foldername, move to it using the following command:
Step 3: After creating the ReactJS application, Install the required module using the following command:
npm install onsenui react-onsenui
Project Structure: It will look like the following.
Example: Now write down the following code in the App.js file. Here, App is our default component where we have written our code.
Step to Run Application: Run the application using the following command from the root directory of the project:
Output: Now open your browser and go to http://localhost:3000/, you will see the following output: