Qualcomm Interview Experience | Off Campus
I got a referral through a college senior. I had one year of experience in the industry when I applied.
Round 1 was telephonic round. Most of the questions were focused on C and operating systems.
- Tell me about your project work in the current company.
- What are double pointers. What is their use?
- What are wild pointers and void pointers? When are they used?
- What is priority Inversion?
- What are semaphores and what are spinlocks?
I could answer some of the questions. Anyways I was selected for further rounds.
Next round was held in Qualcomm’s Hyderabad office. They arrange everything from cab to flights and food for you.
I had 4 one-on-one interviews taken by different people working in different projects there. All focused on the same topics, hardcore C and operating systems. Apart from that they ask some basic-medium level DSA questions on Strings, Linked Lists and Bit Manipulation.
Interview 1: He asked the following questions.
- Given 2 strings find number of occurrences of one in another.
- Why is virtual address used?
- What is the difference between physical and virtual address.
- Given a number write a macro to set/unset a bit at a particular position k.
- Detect a cycle in a linked list.
- What are memory segments?
- I have defined 2 global variables, one is initialized and another is uninitialized, in which segments would they be stored?
Interview 2: He asked the following questions.
- Write your own memcpy function handling all the corner cases.
- Switch the values in two variables without using a third variable.
- What is the use of pure virtual functions in c++.
- What is static and dynamic linking. How does a compiler know if a function belongs to a statically linked source or a dynamically linked source.
- Some questions based on project.
Interview 3: He asked the following questions.
- What is a volatile/non-volatile memory.
- What is RAM/ROM.
- Given a value, delete all nodes from a linked list having that value.
- He wrote small program having a number of variables and asked me to tell the where in the memory layout would each variable be present.
Interview 4: He seemed like a senior manager. He mostly asked behavioral questions.
- Why do you want to switch?
- What kind of work interests you?
- What are the different stages in the development cycle of a software.
- What do you want your role to be like?
- Where do you imagine yourself after 5 years.
One all these rounds were over, the HR told me I would have to give a hackerrank test week.
Online 1 hr 45 mins hackerrank test. Consisted of 6 DSA questions having easy-medium difficulty. I could do 4.
I would like to thank geeksforgeeks for all the help in my interview preparation.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon. Google , E-Litmus and Microsoft Test Serieses.