Qualcomm Interview Experience | Off-Campus 2021
Qualcomm Hyderabad Off-campus Hiring for IIIT Hyderabad.
Round 1: It was an online Test on HIrePro Platform which was proctored. First Round totally based on MCQs with negative marking. It was divided into three sections and 30 minutes for each. Each Section contained 20 questions.
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
- Programming Questions
- Operating System, Computer Networks, Computer Architecture, and Data Structure Algorithm based
Round 2: It was Interview Round on MS Teams. For writing and sharing code Hackerrank Codepair Tool was used. Following are all the questions that were asked.
Language-Specific(C and C++ – Based on your Resume)
- C program Execution Flow ( https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/how-does-a-c-program-executes/ )
- Difference between memcopy and mommove (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1201319/what-is-the-difference-between-memmove-and-memcpy)
- Implement memcopy without using temporary array.
- Content of Executable C file
- Check Stack Segment is in growing or shrinking direction ( https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/c-program-find-direction-growth-stack/ )
- What is Volatile Keyword? ( https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/understanding-volatile-qualifier-in-c/ )
- What will return malloc( 0 )?
- How does free(ptr) decide How much memory should be cleared? ( https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/g-fact-88/ )
- Maximum Memory size that can be allocated by malloc
- Process vs Thread ( https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/difference-between-process-and-thread/ )
- Mutax vs Binaray Semaphore ( https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/difference-between-binary-semaphore-and-mutex/ )
- What is Virtual Memory? ( https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/virtual-memory-in-operating-system/ )
- Who converts Virtual address to Physical address? (MMU – Memory Management Unit)
- What is Cache?
- Who is faster among Cache, RAM and Secondary Memory? (Cache > RAM > Secondary memory)
- Where Page table is located ?
- What is Priority Inversion and its Solution? ( https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/priority-inversion-what-the-heck/ https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/priority-inheritance-protocol-pip-in-synchronization/)
Round 3: It was based on Aptitude and Coding based Round. I was supposed to write sudo code for each of the following questions.
- Check two Ractangle are overlapping or not
- Trapping Water problem
- 100 bulb problem ( https://www.materialsforengineering.co.uk/engineers-puzzle/the-100-bulb-conundrum/61497/1/ )
- Linked List insert at beginning(https://www.javatpoint.com/insertion-in-singly-linked-list-at-beginning)
- Linkded List insert at kth location
- Detect Loop in linked List
- Find middle of linked list
Overall interview process is focused on your fundamentals of Computer Science. I have prepared core subjects from my gate notes and GeeksforGeeks. Mostly Questions were repeated so GeeksforGeeks Qualcomm archives were very helpful to me. Interviewers in both rounds were very helpful. They gave me hints in some questions where I was stuck, and I could able to solve them. Always discuss approach first with interviewer then only write code so that he could help you if you are going wrong.
Best of luck !!