Given a time in 12-hour AM/PM format, convert it to military (24-hour) time.
Note : Midnight is 12:00:00 AM on a 12-hour clock and 00:00:00 on a 24-hour clock. Noon is 12:00:00 PM on 12-hour clock and 12:00:00 on 24-hour clock.
Input : 11:21:30 PM Output : 23:21:30 Input : 12:12:20 AM Output : 00:12:20
Approach : Whether the time format is 12 hours or not, can be found out by using list slicing. Check if last two elements are PM, then simply add 12 to them. If AM, then don’t add. Remove AM/PM from the updated time.
Below is the implementation :
- Program to convert time from 12 hour to 24 hour format
- Convert time from 24 hour clock to 12 hour clock format
- Find a time for which angle between hour and minute hands is given theta
- Find time when hour and minute hands superimpose
- Time when minute hand and hour hand coincide
- Program to Convert Milliseconds to a Date Format in Java
- Convert an image into jpg format using Pillow in Python
- Time difference between expected time and given time
- Convert the column type from string to datetime format in Pandas dataframe
- Wand - Convert image format
- Convert Unix timestamp to DD/MM/YYYY HH:MM:SS format
- Python | Pandas DatetimeIndex.hour
- Python | Pandas Period.hour
- Python | Pandas PeriodIndex.hour
- Python | Pandas Timestamp.hour
- Python | Pandas Series.dt.hour
- Python program to find difference between current time and given time
- Python program to print the dictionary in table format
- Hour-glass Pattern
- Get the Hour from timestamp in Pandas
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.