Given the initial clock time h1:m1 and the present clock time h2:m2, denoting hour and minutes in 24-hours clock format. The present clock time h2:m2 may or may not be correct. Also given a variable K which denotes the number of hours passed. The task is to calculate the delay in seconds i.e. time difference between expected time and given time.
Input: h1 = 10, m1 = 12, h2 = 10, m2 = 17, k = 2
Output: 115 minutes
The clock initially displays 10:12. After 2 hours it must show 12:12. But at this point, the clock displays 10:17. Hence, the clock must be lagging by 115 minutes. so the answer is 115.
Input: h1 = 12, m1 = 00, h2 = 12, m2 = 58, k = 1
Output: 2 minutes
The clock initially displays 12:00. After 1 hour it must show 13:00. But at this point, the clock displays 12:58. Hence, the clock must be lagging by 2 minutes. so the answer is 2.
- Convert given time in h:m format to number of minutes. It is simply 60*h+m.
- Calculate both the computed time(adding K hours to the initial time).
- Find the difference in minutes which will be the answer.
Below is the implementation of the above approach.
# Python3 program to calculate clock delay
# Function definition with logic
def lagDuration(h1, m1, h2, m2, k):
lag, t1, t2 = 0, 0, 0
# Conversion to minutes
t1 = (h1 + k) * 60 + m1
# Conversion to minutes
t2 = h2 * 60 + m2
# Calculating difference
lag = t1 – t2
# Driver Code
h1, m1 = 12, 0
h2, m2 = 12, 58
k = 1
lag = lagDuration(h1, m1, h2, m2, k)
print(“Lag =”, lag, “minutes”)
# This code has been contributed
# by 29AjayKumar
Lag = 2 minutes
Time Complexity: O(1)
- Changing One Clock Time to Other Time in Minimum Number of Operations
- Program to find the time after K minutes from given time
- Add given n time durations
- Convert given time into words
- Print system time in C++ (3 different ways)
- Calculate speed, distance and time
- Java | Current date and time
- Convert timestamp to readable date/time in PHP
- C++ Program to print current Day, Date and Time
- Time Functions in Python | Set-2 (Date Manipulations)
- Find time when hour and minute hands superimpose
- C program to print digital clock with current time
- Minimum time required to complete a work by N persons together
- Minimum time required to fill a cistern using N pipes
- Time until distance gets equal to X between two objects moving in opposite direction
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.