Given the initial clock time h1:m1 and the present clock time h2:m2, denoting hour and minutes in 24-hours clock format. The present clock time h2:m2 may or may not be correct. Also given a variable K which denotes the number of hours passed. The task is to calculate the delay in seconds i.e. time difference between expected time and given time.
Input: h1 = 10, m1 = 12, h2 = 10, m2 = 17, k = 2
Output: 115 minutes
The clock initially displays 10:12. After 2 hours it must show 12:12. But at this point, the clock displays 10:17. Hence, the clock must be lagging by 115 minutes. so the answer is 115.
Input: h1 = 12, m1 = 00, h2 = 12, m2 = 58, k = 1
Output: 2 minutes
The clock initially displays 12:00. After 1 hour it must show 13:00. But at this point, the clock displays 12:58. Hence, the clock must be lagging by 2 minutes. so the answer is 2.
- Convert given time in h:m format to number of minutes. It is simply 60*h+m.
- Calculate both the computed time(adding K hours to the initial time).
- Find the difference in minutes which will be the answer.
Below is the implementation of the above approach.
Lag = 2 minutes
Time Complexity: O(1)
- Changing One Clock Time to Other Time in Minimum Number of Operations
- Program to find the time after K minutes from given time
- Add given n time durations
- Time taken per hour for stoppage of Car
- Convert given time into words
- Calculate speed, distance and time
- Java | Current date and time
- Print system time in C++ (3 different ways)
- Convert timestamp to readable date/time in PHP
- C++ Program to print current Day, Date and Time
- Program to find the time remaining for the day to complete
- Time Functions in Python | Set-2 (Date Manipulations)
- Minimum time required to fill a cistern using N pipes
- Minimum time required to complete a work by N persons together
- C program to print digital clock with current time
- Find time when hour and minute hands superimpose
- Program to check if tank will overflow, underflow or filled in given time
- Time until distance gets equal to X between two objects moving in opposite direction
- Find a time for which angle between hour and minute hands is given theta
- Python program to convert time from 12 hour to 24 hour format
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.