Given a time in 12-hour AM/PM format, convert it to military (24-hour) time.
Note : Midnight is 12:00:00 AM on a 12-hour clock and 00:00:00 on a 24-hour clock. Noon is 12:00:00 PM on 12-hour clock and 12:00:00 on 24-hour clock.
Input : 11:21:30 PM Output : 23:21:30 Input : 12:12:20 AM Output : 00:12:20
Approach : Whether the time format is 12 hours or not, can be found out by using list slicing. Check if last two elements are PM, then simply add 12 to them. If AM, then don’t add. Remove AM/PM from the updated time.
Below is the implementation :
- C++ program to convert time from 12 hour to 24 hour format
- Convert time from 24 hour clock to 12 hour clock format
- Find time when hour and minute hands superimpose
- Find a time for which angle between hour and minute hands is given theta
- Python | Pandas Timestamp.hour
- Python | Pandas DatetimeIndex.hour
- Python | Pandas Period.hour
- Python | Pandas PeriodIndex.hour
- Python | Pandas Series.dt.hour
- Time when minute hand and hour hand coincide
- Hour-glass Pattern
- Program to Convert Milliseconds to a Date Format in Java
- Python program to convert POS to SOP
- Convert the column type from string to datetime format in Pandas dataframe
- Python program to convert hex string to decimal
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.