Python is a dynamic, high level, free open source and interpreted programming language. It supports object-oriented programming as well as procedural oriented programming.
In Python, we don’t need to declare the type of variable because it is a dynamically typed language.
For example, x = 10
Here, x can be anything such as String, int, etc.
Features in Python
There are many features in Python, some of which are discussed below –
1. Easy to code:
2. Free and Open Source:
Python language is freely available at the official website and you can download it from the given download link below click on the Download Python keyword.
Since it is open-source, this means that source code is also available to the public. So you can download it as, use it as well as share it.
3. Object-Oriented Language:
One of the key features of python is Object-Oriented programming. Python supports object-oriented language and concepts of classes, objects encapsulation, etc.
4. GUI Programming Support:
Graphical User interfaces can be made using a module such as PyQt5, PyQt4, wxPython, or Tk in python.
PyQt5 is the most popular option for creating graphical apps with Python.
5. High-Level Language:
Python is a high-level language. When we write programs in python, we do not need to remember the system architecture, nor do we need to manage the memory.
6. Extensible feature:
Python is a Extensible language. We can write us some Python code into C or C++ language and also we can compile that code in C/C++ language.
7. Python is Portable language:
Python language is also a portable language. For example, if we have python code for windows and if we want to run this code on other platforms such as Linux, Unix, and Mac then we do not need to change it, we can run this code on any platform.
8. Python is Integrated language:
Python is also an Integrated language because we can easily integrated python with other languages like c, c++, etc.
9. Interpreted Language:
Python is an Interpreted Language because Python code is executed line by line at a time. like other languages C, C++, Java, etc. there is no need to compile python code this makes it easier to debug our code. The source code of python is converted into an immediate form called bytecode.
10. Large Standard Library
Python has a large standard library which provides a rich set of module and functions so you do not have to write your own code for every single thing. There are many libraries present in python for such as regular expressions, unit-testing, web browsers, etc.
11. Dynamically Typed Language:
Python is a dynamically-typed language. That means the type (for example- int, double, long, etc.) for a variable is decided at run time not in advance because of this feature we don’t need to specify the type of variable.
- Awesome New Features in Python 3.8
- Advance Features of Python
- Features of Selenium WebDriver
- Mahotas - Haralick features
- Mahotas - Speeded-Up Robust Features
- Selenium Basics - Components, Features, Uses and Limitations
- Create Find and Replace features in Tkinter Text Widget
- Python - Read blob object in python using wand library
- MySQL-Connector-Python module in Python
- Python | PRAW - Python Reddit API Wrapper
- Python | Index of Non-Zero elements in Python list
- Python | Merge Python key values to list
- Important differences between Python 2.x and Python 3.x with examples
- Reading Python File-Like Objects from C | Python
- twitter-text-python (ttp) module - Python
- Python | Convert list to Python array
- Python | Add Logging to a Python Script
- Python | Sort Python Dictionaries by Key or Value
- Python | Set 4 (Dictionary, Keywords in Python)
- Python | Add Logging to Python Libraries
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : manmeetjuneja5