Both High level language and low level language are the programming languages’s types.
The main difference between high level language and low level language is that, Programmers can easily understand or interpret or compile the high level language in comparison of machine. On the other hand, Machine can easily understand the low level language in comparison of human beings.
Let’s see the difference between high level and low level languages:
|S.NO||High Level Language||Low Level Language|
|1.||It is programmer friendly language.||It is a machine friendly language.|
|2.||High level language is less memory efficient.||Low level language is high memory efficient.|
|3.||It is easy to understand.||It is tough to understand.|
|4.||It is simple to debug.||It is complex to debug comparatively.|
|5.||It is simple to maintain.||It is complex to maintain comparatively.|
|6.||It is portable.||It is non-portable.|
|7.||It can run on any platform.||It is machine-dependent.|
|8.||It needs compiler or interpreter for translation.||It needs assembler for translation.|
- Difference Between High-level Data Link Control (HDLC) and Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP)
- Difference between User Level thread and Kernel Level thread
- What's the difference between Scripting and Programming Languages?
- Sum of all the numbers present at given level in Modified Pascal’s triangle
- Difference Between Programming, Scripting, and Markup Languages
- Difference between Low pass filter and High pass filter
- Generation of Programming Languages
- 5 Best Programming Languages For Newbies
- How to assign values to variables in Python and other languages
- Difference between OOP and POP
- Difference between JSP and ASP
- Difference between MAN and WAN
- Difference between C and C++
- Difference Between SEO and SEM
- Difference between LAN, MAN and WAN
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : samudrananyasi