Both High level language and low level language are the programming languages’s types.
The main difference between high level language and low level language is that, Programmers can easily understand or interpret or compile the high level language in comparison of machine. On the other hand, Machine can easily understand the low level language in comparison of human beings.
Let’s see the difference between high level and low level languages:
|S.NO||High Level Language||Low Level Language|
|1.||It is programmer friendly language.||It is a machine friendly language.|
|2.||High level language is less memory efficient.||Low level language is high memory efficient.|
|3.||It is easy to understand.||It is tough to understand.|
|4.||It is simple to debug.||It is complex to debug comparatively.|
|5.||It is simple to maintain.||It is complex to maintain comparatively.|
|6.||It is portable.||It is non-portable.|
|7.||It can run on any platform.||It is machine-dependent.|
|8.||It needs compiler or interpreter for translation.||It needs assembler for translation.|
|9.||It is used widely for programming.||It is not commonly used now-a-days in programming.|
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Difference Between High-level Data Link Control (HDLC) and Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP)
- Difference between Row level and Statement level triggers
- Difference between User Level thread and Kernel Level thread
- Difference between Process and User Level Thread
- Difference between Multi Level Queue Scheduling (MLQ) and Shortest Job First
- Difference between Multi Level Queue Scheduling (MLQ) and First Come First Served (FCFS)
- Difference between Multi Level Queue (MLQ) Scheduling and Round Robin (RR) algorithms
- Sum of all the numbers present at given level in Modified Pascal’s triangle
- What's the difference between Scripting and Programming Languages?
- Difference Between Programming, Scripting, and Markup Languages
- Difference between Low pass filter and High pass filter
- Generation of Programming Languages
- 5 Best Programming Languages For Newbies
- Comparison of Python with Other Programming Languages
- A Categorical List of programming languages
- How to assign values to variables in Python and other languages
- Difference between IoE and IoT
- Difference between GSM and LTE
- Difference between DAS and NAS
- Difference between OOP and POP
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.