Python is a high level, interpreted and general purpose dynamic programming language that focuses on code readability.It has fewer steps when compared to Java and C.It was founded in 1991 by developer Guido Van Rossum.It is used in many organizations as it supports multiple programming paradigms.It also performs automatic memory management.
1) Presence of third-party modules
2) Extensive support libraries(NumPy for numerical calculations, Pandas for data analytics etc)
3) Open source and community development
4) Easy to learn
5) User-friendly data structures
6) High-level language
7) Dynamically typed language(No need to mention data type based on value assigned, it takes data type)
8) Object-oriented language
9) Portable and Interactive
10) Portable across Operating systems
1) GUI based desktop applications(Games, Scientific Applications)
2) Web frameworks and applications
3) Enterprise and Business applications
4) Operating Systems
5) Language Development
Organizations using Python :
1) Google(Components of Google spider and Search Engine)
For full list of companies using Python refer DZone
This article is contributed by Paduchuri Manideep. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- How to write an empty function in Python - pass statement?
- Operator Functions in Python | Set 2
- Time Functions in Python | Set-2 (Date Manipulations)
- Send mail from your Gmail account using Python
- Python – The new generation Language
- Print Single and Multiple variable in Python
- Increment and Decrement Operators in Python
- str() vs repr() in Python
- Swap two variables in one line in C/C++, Python, PHP and Java
- Generate all permutation of a set in Python
- Class or Static Variables in Python
- trunc() in Python
- Division Operators in Python
- Interesting facts about strings in Python | Set 1
- When to use yield instead of return in Python?
- How to split a string in C/C++, Python and Java?
- Interesting facts about strings in Python | Set 2 (Slicing)
- Returning Multiple Values in Python
- String Template Class in Python
- Python List Comprehension and Slicing