This is a problem in which 4 people are their s1, s2, s3, s4 and there is a Bridge.These 4 people came to know that zombie will going to attack them after 17 minutes.Now the situation is like there is a lantern and at a time at most 2 people can cross the bridge but only with lantern and now here are the time that each person takes to cross bridge:
s1–> 1 minute
s2–> 2 minutes
s3–> 8 minutes
s4–> 10 minutes
Now we need to find out that whether is it possible that all 4 people will reach the other side of the bridge and cut the rope in 17 minutes.
We need to sort them in ascending order of time i.e 1, 2, 8, 10 then we will send 1 & 2 so total time taken to cross bridge is 2 min and time to come back to start point by s1 is 1 min.
Now we will take next 2 i.e 10 & 8 minutes people and will send them so total time required would be 10 minutes
So overall its 1+2+10=13 minutes.
Now s2 with time of 2 sec will come back with lantern so total time is 13+2 minutes.
And then s1 & s2 will go back 15+2 minutes.
In this way everyone is able to cross bridge and then they will close the bridge.
This article is contributed by Kartik Jain. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Puzzle 1 | (How to Measure 45 minutes using two identical wires?)
- Puzzle 2 | (Find ages of daughters)
- Puzzle 3 | (Calculate total distance travelled by bee)
- Puzzle 4 | (Pay an employee using a 7 units gold rod?)
- Puzzle 13 | (100 Prisoners with Red/Black Hats)
- Puzzle 5 | (Finding the poisoned wine)
- Puzzle 6 | (Monty Hall problem)
- Puzzle 7 | (3 Bulbs and 3 Switches)
- Puzzle 8 | (Find the Jar with contaminated pills)
- Puzzle 9 | (Find the fastest 3 horses)
- Puzzle 10 | (A Man with Medical Condition and 2 Pills)
- Puzzle 11 | (1000 Coins and 10 Bags)
- Puzzle 12 | (Maximize probability of White Ball)
- Puzzle 14 | (Strategy for a 2 Player Coin Game)
- Puzzle 15 | (Camel and Banana Puzzle)