The idea of this application is built upon the concept of 2016’s most popular game Pokemon Go. The application allows the user to create a character and add physical details – height, weight, measurements etc. The character then represents our user, and creates unique NPCs for the user to interact with. These NPC’s are spread across the city and give new quests to the user which are related to certain physical activities. The application uses Google Maps API and concepts of Augmented/Virtual Reality to bring a great physical and healthy gaming experience for everyone.
1) Each day the user gets a daily task to earn some points which are equivalent to the number of calories burnt by the user. According to the height, weight and measurements, added points are given to the user in accordance to his/her Basal Metabolic Rate (the number of calories required to keep your body functioning at rest).
2) Some of the quests that will be given by the NPC’s are:
— Walk 10 Kms to another NPC and turn in the quest to gain exp (= calories gurnt).
— Gain xxx amount of exp to achieve daily target. (User can chose multiple activities to gain xxx amount of exp).
— Eat certain fruits and veggies. The user has to click a photograph of that certain fruit before eating it. This gives certain bonus points to user which are not exp but fill a bar that allows the user to officially get himself a cheat day. The cheat day can only be unlocked after certain points.The app recognizes fruit and gives points.(this is easily cheatable but the idea behind this is that most people avoid eating fruits only until they don’t have it in front of them, once they have it within arms reach they are more inclined towards eating it.)
— Get on the top 10 on your areas leaderboard. This is done by getting max exp (losing max calorie in a day capped at 3000)
— Become a Gym Leader – Gain max points in your area within a month. (capped at 90, 000 points)
The app becomes gripping because internet connection is not needed, the game identifies the user’s home and downloads the map for 15km radius on the first boot., while the maximum distance a quest may send a user would just be 10 kms. On special occasions the game will conduct Marathon Quests and allow the users to walk 20 kms at a stretch.
3) Partnerships can be done with actual gyms that will be called “Arena of Fitness”, those who join these arena will be keeping a track of their activities in the gym and gain bonus exp in the game. The highest scorer(most calories burnt) in a particular arena gets a special profile layout and if he/she maintains status for 10 days straight they get a cheatday bonus.
Once the game reaches a wide audience and gets noticed at a large scale, partnerships with sport companies can be done and certain quests can be “powered by” those companies or the NPC may wear their accessories.
The profitable revenue generated can be used to hire nutritionists and fitness experts to curate better training paths/quests for users.
Implementation and Tools:
The game is easy to implement using Google Maps API and Android/iOS development. A basic image reverse search engine is also required to identify fruits.
The application will be installed on the smartphone but can be linked with various other smartwatches and fitness devices via Bluetooth. This will help with the User Experience.
The only features that require access to internet are: downloading initial maps, accessing leaderboard, validating reverse image search.
The game essentially relies on GPS/location.
This article is contributed by Gaurav Loothra. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Project Idea | (Project Approval System)
- Project Idea | Get Me Through
- Project Idea | Know More
- Project Idea | God's Eye
- Project Idea | safeT
- Project Idea | Next Stop
- Project Idea | CafeWiFi
- Project Idea | Rakshak
- Project Idea | ArticleArea
- Project Idea | APTrack
- Project Idea | Assist Bot
- Project Idea | Social-Cop
- Project Idea | Jal Sanrakshan
- Project Idea | EveMythra Bot
- Project Idea | SmartStreet