Project Title: Third Eye – Aid For Blind.
This project aims to develop a complete portable aid(Raspberry Pi) for blind pedestrians and deal with problems in existing systems efficiently. The system designed will detect an object or obstacle
using ultrasonic sensors and gives audio instructions for guidance. It also gives information
about people looking or waving to them using face recognition.
Assumption and Constraints
- Maximum range of an ultrasonic sensor is 4m.
- Model won’t be able to work accurately in the crowded area.
- GPS is a satellite-based radio navigation system, so it can track predefined locations only.
- Raspberry pi camera module has 5-megapixel resolution and it is capable of only taking video and pictures not sound.
- Object detection and face detection, recognition has limitation over accuracy.
- It can detect objects with the help of Ultrasonic sensor.
- It can detect the name of the object with the help of YOLO algorithm.
- It can detect the face with the help Raspberry pi camera use with face detection and recognition process.
- It can tell the location of the person with the help of gps used.
Diagrams: Relevant diagrams like ER-diagram, UML diagrams, etc
Output of Face Detection:
Output of YOLO algorithm:
Use Case diagram:
- YOLO (You Only Look Once) algorithm use to detect object in background in real time.
- Face recognition using OpenCV and haar-cascades classifiers.
- Tensorflow used.
- Used Raspberry pi to make it portable.
- Use train model to detect objects.
- Python Ide.
- Linux terminal.
The World Health Organization (WHO) reported that there are 285 million visually-impaired people worldwide.
Among these individuals, there are 39 million who are totally blind. The product developed is light in weight, compact hence does not cause fatigue to the user. So this helps the blind person to be self-dependent till particular extent by giving info of surrounding objects, person, and help in keeping the track of current location.
Note: This project idea is contributed for ProGeek Cup 2.0- A project competition by GeeksforGeeks.
- Project Idea | God's Eye
- Python - Eye blink detection project
- Project Idea | (Project Approval System)
- Keeping the eye on Keras models with CodeMonitor
- Project Idea | (A.T.L.A.S: App Time Limit Alerting System)
- Project Idea | (Remote Lab Assistance)
- Project Idea | (Model based Image Compression of Medical Images)
- Project Idea | (Personalized real-time update system)
- Project Idea | ( Character Recognition from Image )
- Project Idea | (Static Code Checker for C++)
- Project Idea | (CSE Webnode)
- Project Idea | (Optimization of Object-Based Image Analysis with Super-Pixel for Land Cover Mapping)
- Project Idea | (Online Course Registration)
- Project Idea | (Trip Planner)
- Project Idea | (Online UML Designing Tool)
- Project Idea | (Detection of Malicious Network activity)
- Project Idea | (Games using Hand Gestures)
- Project Idea | (Dynamic Hand Gesture Recognition using neural network)
- Project Idea | ( Client Master)
- Project Idea | (Universal Database Viewer)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.