In mathematics, a triangular prism is a three-dimensional solid shape with two identical ends connected by equal parallel lines, and have 5 faces, 9 edges, and 6 vertices.
where “b” is the length of the base, “h” is the height of the triangle, “s1, s2, s3” are the respective length of each side of the triangle, and H is the height of the prism (which is also the length of the rectangle).
Given the base, the height of the triangle, height of prism and the length of each side of triangle base and the task is to calculate the surface area of the triangular prism.
Input: b = 3, h = 4, s1 = 3, s2 = 6, s3 = 6, Ht = 8
Output: The area of triangular prism is 132.000000
Input: b = 2, h = 3, s1 = 4, s2 = 5, s3 = 6, Ht = 8
Output: The area of triangular prism is 126.000000
Formula for calculating the surface area:
As stated above, the prism contains two triangles of the area (1/2)*(b)*(h) and three rectangles of the area H*s1, H*s2 and H*s3.
Now after adding all the terms we get the total surface area:
SA = b * h + (s1 + s2 + s3 ) * H
The area of triangular prism is : 132.000000
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Program to find volume and surface area of pentagonal prism
- Program to find Surface Area and Volume of Octagonal Prism
- Calculate Volume, Curved Surface Area and Total Surface Area Of Cylinder
- Program to calculate Volume and Surface area of Hemisphere
- Surface Area and Volume of Hexagonal Prism
- Program to find the Volume of a Triangular Prism
- Calculate volume and surface area of Torus
- Calculate volume and surface area of a cone
- Calculate Volume and Surface area Of Sphere
- Program for Surface Area of Octahedron
- Program for Volume and Surface Area of Cube
- Program for Volume and Surface Area of Cuboid
- Program for Volume and Surface area of Frustum of Cone
- Program to find the surface area of the square pyramid
- Program to calculate the area of Kite
- Program to calculate area of Enneagon
- Program to calculate Area Of Octagon
- Program to calculate area and volume of a Tetrahedron
- Program to calculate area and perimeter of Trapezium
- Program to calculate the area between two Concentric Circles
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.